Who will buy us

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
When the spirit deal falls through, who is going to buy us. We put all our eggs in one basket and showed the rest of the industry we are struggling to find something to make money and don’t know what to do next.
Prolly no one
Indigo partners, man that’d be the last laugh
Dave and Dave. Redux.
Hopefully a private equity firm dumb enough to think running an airline is a good idea.
Whoever it is it will be the least obvious to all of us really smart pilot types..
There aren’t many US carriers that could even buy us if they wanted. The overlap would likely shut down a deal and/or make it less desirable after required divestitures.

The DOJ lawsuit about the NEA will be interesting to watch and our future hinges on its outcome. If the DOJ gives its blessing (or even allows it to continue with some minor divestitures/concessions) then I could see JB try to expand this scenario to other bases/carriers.

Think of something like giving UA access to our FLL hub so they can launch Deep South type of flying (you really didn’t believe the 330 rumors for us, did you?) and in exchange we do a bunch of ORD short/medium haul flying with their frequent flier program to back us.

If the NEA is shut down and/or so many required concessions that it takes the financial benefit away then I could see us joining oneworld alliance and trying that avenue for getting access to the frequent flier base with a mild codeshare agreement. We’d also likely be AA/BA’s *beep* for the future and do whatever they want us to.
Quote: Dave and Dave. Redux.
I have wondered...
Quote: There aren’t many US carriers that could even buy us if they wanted. The overlap would likely shut down a deal and/or make it less desirable after required divestitures.

The DOJ lawsuit about the NEA will be interesting to watch and our future hinges on its outcome. If the DOJ gives its blessing (or even allows it to continue with some minor divestitures/concessions) then I could see JB try to expand this scenario to other bases/carriers.

Think of something like giving UA access to our FLL hub so they can launch Deep South type of flying (you really didn’t believe the 330 rumors for us, did you?) and in exchange we do a bunch of ORD short/medium haul flying with their frequent flier program to back us.

If the NEA is shut down and/or so many required concessions that it takes the financial benefit away then I could see us joining oneworld alliance and trying that avenue for getting access to the frequent flier base with a mild codeshare agreement. We’d also likely be AA/BA’s *beep* for the future and do whatever they want us to.
Bro the WB rumor is way more fun than all the wild conjecture you just threw out here. Come on man!
Robin was specifically asked about widebodies during the earnings call and he said they arent looking to buy any
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to