Notices

B737 program question

Old 06-03-2022, 07:18 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2019
Default B737 program question

Hi there folks! I've heard that Atlas has been hiring into their 737 program people with no jet time and with ATP written completed.

I have ATP with CL-65 type 1900TT, with no hiccups during training or re-takes. My only failure is a CFI ride. My regional company is backed up for IOE, so I don't have turbine time just yet. However, I have applied to Atlas and received TBNT.

Is it worth re-applying at 500 turbine time?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2022, 07:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by Flash87 View Post
Hi there folks! I've heard that Atlas has been hiring into their 737 program people with no jet time and with ATP written completed.

I have ATP with CL-65 type 1900TT, with no hiccups during training or re-takes. My only failure is a CFI ride. My regional company is backed up for IOE, so I don't have turbine time just yet. However, I have applied to Atlas and received TBNT.

Is it worth re-applying at 500 turbine time?

Thanks!
Get at least 500 hours of Turbine time then you will be competitive for a wide body slot.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:34 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2022
Position: CFI
Default follow up timing

Do you guys know how long after receiving an email from the recruiter requesting to fill out a form with your total times and some other hours did you hear back? I'm very interested in the pathway program but I'm in a time crunch, I have a CJO with a Regional, and my ATP/CTP course is coming.

I received an email saying the following: ...."My name is XX and I'm on the Crew Talent Acquisition Team with Atlas Air. We have received your application for the Pathways to Success Program and are currently in the process of reviewing your qualifications. Would you please complete the attached Aeronautical Worksheet and email it back to me to complete our review process and determine the next steps?...."

Thank you guys
Old 06-09-2022, 09:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by FuturenaiveFO View Post
Do you guys know how long after receiving an email from the recruiter requesting to fill out a form with your total times and some other hours did you hear back? I'm very interested in the pathway program but I'm in a time crunch, I have a CJO with a Regional, and my ATP/CTP course is coming.

I received an email saying the following: ...."My name is XX and I'm on the Crew Talent Acquisition Team with Atlas Air. We have received your application for the Pathways to Success Program and are currently in the process of reviewing your qualifications. Would you please complete the attached Aeronautical Worksheet and email it back to me to complete our review process and determine the next steps?...."

Thank you guys
Nothing says you can't start ATP/CTP and then leave for Atlas if that's what you want to do.
Old 06-09-2022, 01:35 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Originally Posted by FuturenaiveFO View Post

Thank you guys
I got the same email on June 7th. I replied to ask a question and I haven’t heard anything back yet.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Give it a week or so and perhaps try again. It’s a hit or miss hiring process at times and it seems many still get lost in the shuffle/churn.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Make noise. You won't look worse for expressing a desire to be here. If expressing a desire to be here costs you the job, what are you really losing anyway? Make enough noise for you not to worry anymore.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2022
Default 737 schedule

I would like to better understand the 737 schedule. I understand the pay is not as good as widebody flying but how is the QOL? I would like to talk to a current 737 pilot if you would send me a PM.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Atlas Air Fleet Type differences

It’s been answered multiple times.
Old 05-06-2023, 05:43 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2022

In regards to the 737 training, most of the comments I've seen here say it's a very challenging program compared to the rest of the fleet. What makes the 73 training more difficult than the others?