Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Cargo > Atlas/Polar
Atlas Training Pipeline Bottlenecks? >

Atlas Training Pipeline Bottlenecks?

Search
Notices

Atlas Training Pipeline Bottlenecks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 06:47 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Default Atlas Training Pipeline Bottlenecks?

Hello APC, First post for me but wanted to possibly get some info on Atlas. I'm a retired C-5 Flight Engineer and current Regional FO. I had the screening last week and it went well and have the Tech/HR later this week. I am really interested in the 767 path, with the 74 very closely after. I was wondering about training delays. Recently read that delays after systems is possible. Are we still guaranteed the training guarantee if we get delayed and sent home?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-06-2022, 08:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by NickC5FE View Post
Hello APC, First post for me but wanted to possibly get some info on Atlas. I'm a retired C-5 Flight Engineer and current Regional FO. I had the screening last week and it went well and have the Tech/HR later this week. I am really interested in the 767 path, with the 74 very closely after. I was wondering about training delays. Recently read that delays after systems is possible. Are we still guaranteed the training guarantee if we get delayed and sent home?

Thanks in advance!
You’re on the payroll from day 1 no matter what they have you doing. Miami, home, or somewhere else doesn’t matter. You will get 64 hours min guarantee. The only money you wouldn’t get if they send you home is perdiem.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:44 AM
Line Holder

Thanks HPIC, That's what I figured but figured I would ask anyway.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by NickC5FE View Post

Thanks in advance!
Good luck on the interview, study the the packet and gouge that HR sends you. AviationInterviews.com is also a good source for study material, but be cautious on some of the answers, double check with references. Know what ACMI, TEM and CRM mean.

I am in the 767 pipeline now. We are on a 3 1/2 week break. Cut loose after systems, then back for a review week and the Oral. About 7 weeks for the sims is what my schedule shows. Looking at 4 months for initial training. But as was stated, we get min guarantee each month plus per diem while in MIami. Ticket home and back is also covered under the gateway program.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:40 AM
Line Holder

Clue, thanks for the info!

Interviews went awesome today! Hoping for the 76!
Old 06-09-2022, 04:15 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
Good luck on the interview, study the the packet and gouge that HR sends you. AviationInterviews.com is also a good source for study material, but be cautious on some of the answers, double check with references. Know what ACMI, TEM and CRM mean.

I am in the 767 pipeline now. We are on a 3 1/2 week break. Cut loose after systems, then back for a review week and the Oral. About 7 weeks for the sims is what my schedule shows. Looking at 4 months for initial training. But as was stated, we get min guarantee each month plus per diem while in MIami. Ticket home and back is also covered under the gateway program.

What’s the oral about? Anything to be concerned of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2022, 06:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by tupues View Post
What’s the oral about? Anything to be concerned of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Routine oral exam stuff. Systems, limitations, etc.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
Routine oral exam stuff. Systems, limitations, etc.
Fire protection is on the Hot Battery Bus, Main Gear Air Ground Logic, ... according to Boeing Logic, Volcanic Ash, AAACDEEE, FCHELP, SIR EFI, FFTHANG.

Did I pass?
Old 06-09-2022, 05:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
Fire protection is on the Hot Battery Bus, Main Gear Air Ground Logic, ... according to Boeing Logic, Volcanic Ash, AAACDEEE, FCHELP, SIR EFI, FFTHANG.

Did I pass?

FCHELP is a bit outdated these days, but I’m passing ya!
Old 06-09-2022, 09:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Lucifer something, Big Red GS, LAVS… oh wait old school garbage, not acceptable sorry.