7/11 class for 747 Anybody going?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Hi all, interview went great yesterday and got an offer 6 hours later. I was given a class date of 7/11 on the 74. Anybody here in the class?

To the vets in here, any insight to the program would be great. Any bottlenecks in the 74 program? Any IOE delays?

My background is retired C-5 Instructor Flight Engineer, current Regional FO.

I’m really looking forward to this school and opportunity.

Thanks in advance for any/all info you can share!
When you get your CPATs from them, try to have them completed prior to Day 1. If you do that, you will be set yourself up for success by giving yourself some breathing room during training to learn procedures, flows, and solidify your systems knowledge.

Other than that, welcome aboard.
Hey NickC5FE,

I'll be in the 7-11 class too! I've also heard from a current 747 FO that we should complete the CBTs early.
Congrats guys. Welcome!
Definitely going to do all available CBTs prior to day 1, wondering when they may show up. Also wondering how long it takes to get the drug screening info etc.

As I am about to start a local trip, I am realizing I am fairly short on time here at present employer🤣
I'm in 6/20 class, so I'll be around.
Quote: Congrats guys. Welcome!
Thanks Dera!

I used to be parked next to the Atlas 74 guys down range and always wanted to fly for them later in life. Looking forward to it!
Quote: When you get your CPATs from them, try to have them completed prior to Day 1. If you do that, you will be set yourself up for success by giving yourself some breathing room during training to learn procedures, flows, and solidify your systems knowledge.

Other than that, welcome aboard.
This is excellent advice, I only got my CPAT’s a week before and I was playing catch up all the way through basic indoc.
Quote: Thanks Dera!

I used to be parked next to the Atlas 74 guys down range and always wanted to fly for them later in life. Looking forward to it!
As did I decades ago in C141 brotha and then a C17 as well. Flying the 17 and 74 was a challenge but worth the effort after being hired. I had two former military 141 FE’s who upgraded to the right seat here on the classic. Both ended up as Captains here. One retired and the other is a check airman doing great. Every time I ran into them = “They owe me Dinner!”

Welcome aboard to you and the others!
Quote: As did I decades ago in C141 brotha and then a C17 as well. Flying the 17 and 74 was a challenge but worth the effort after being hired. I had two former military 141 FE’s who upgraded to the right seat here on the classic. Both ended up as Captains here. One retired and the other is a check airman doing great. Every time I ran into them = “They owe me Dinner!”

Welcome aboard to you and the others!
You flew the 141? That's pretty cool.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to