Oct Class

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Is there a group chat for this class yet? GroupMe/Whatsapp/messenger?
Quote: Is there a group chat for this class yet? GroupMe/Whatsapp/messenger?
Not that I've seen. If you shoot me a PM w/ your phone number I'll start a GroupMe.
Quote: Is there a group chat for this class yet? GroupMe/Whatsapp/messenger?
We’ve got a 3 Oct Heavy Class WhatsApp going. PM me if you’re in the class and I’ll add you.
Quote: CJO Oct 3 class. So relieved and excited!
We have a WhatsApp chat going if you’d like me to add you?
Quote: We’ve got a 3 Oct Heavy Class WhatsApp going. PM me if you’re in the class and I’ll add you.
PM sent. thanks
Quote: Hoping folks could pass some knowledge to help me start building my list of aircraft preferences. I searched for this info but couldn't find anything posted recently..if I missed it just let me know.

Anyway, I'm scheduled for the light twin class and based on my age (38) I figure I'll be right in the middle (or slightly aft) of the pack when it comes to class seniority. I'm married, no kids and plan to commute from the Florida Panhandle (Destin/Pensacola) so instead of week on/week off I'd prefer a single long trip or perhaps 2 shorter trips spaced out a day apart so I could just stay in SDF on the off day. Overall I'm trying to minimize the time I spend commuting and maximize the total amount of consecutive days spent at home. International flying definitely interests but that would be a secondary priority to the schedule I just described.

All that said, I know I'll be the new guy and understand I'll be a bottom feeder for awhile but which SDF based airframe would you recommend? TIA, I'm excited to meet a lot of you on the line!
Trip trade with open time and drop stuff on the trip board. With persistence you should almost always end up with something palatable.
Any way to predict where the 74 training will be? I live in ANC so that outcome would be significantly better.

Regardless, very stoked to be in the 3 Oct class!
Quote: Any way to predict where the 74 training will be? I live in ANC so that outcome would be significantly better.

None that I'm aware of. I did anc mia sdf in that order. Others in my class were in anc the whole time. If you' live in anc assume you'll get sdf and mia. Welcome to brown!
Are md and 75/6 sims all in sdf?
Quote: Any way to predict where the 74 training will be? I live in ANC so that outcome would be significantly better.

During our Indoc, the training scheduling folks briefed the class, if I recall correctly, in the second week and we received our draft training schedules. I would ask the Indoc facilitators for an email address and make your request, if possible, when you get there in the first week. If for some reason you don’t get an address and can’t communicate with training scheduling, just speak with them after they brief you at Indoc. Worst case, I would guess, is there will probably be someone in your class wanting to stay in the lower 48 for training, so it wouldn’t be difficult for the schedulers to swap locations/schedules. Clear as mud?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to