90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Old 06-24-2022, 04:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: EWR 777 FO
Default Yes or No

Allright, where does everyone stand on this thing?
Old 06-24-2022, 05:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by Pro2nd View Post
Allright, where does everyone stand on this thing?
I don’t like it one bit. But given the current economic situation with a recession on the horizon, probably a long and deep one, getting anything is a win. People are saying that it barely beats inflation, but no pay raises is much worse with current inflation.

I’ll take the bird in the hand strictly based on the last 2 years economic condition of the company and the forward looking economic situation. Plus its only a 2 year deal so we restart negotiations hopefully right as the economy improves, Delta and American get some pay raises and the company has been profitable for a while.

Also getting something is a step and makes it easier to get our next step up, instead of trying to get it all in one shot in 3-4 years while having given up pay raises we would have had but turned down. 15% raises at the onset of an inflation for a company that has lost Billions in the last 2 years is something to think about.

I would like to vote no out of anger or spite, but it doesn’t gain us anything.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot View Post
I don’t like it one bit. But given the current economic situation with a recession on the horizon, probably a long and deep one, getting anything is a win. People are saying that it barely beats inflation, but no pay raises is much worse with current inflation.

I’ll take the bird in the hand strictly based on the last 2 years economic condition of the company and the forward looking economic situation. Plus its only a 2 year deal so we restart negotiations hopefully right as the economy improves, Delta and American get some pay raises and the company has been profitable for a while.

Also getting something is a step and makes it easier to get our next step up, instead of trying to get it all in one shot in 3-4 years while having given up pay raises we would have had but turned down. 15% raises at the onset of an inflation for a company that has lost Billions in the last 2 years is something to think about.

Please read outside of section 3. I’d be happier taking the current contract with the 5% pay raise we already have on the books into a recession than all the gives in this TA and a subpar 9.5% pay raise.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by Galaxy5 View Post
Please read outside of section 3. I’d be happier taking the current contract with the 5% pay raise we already have on the books into a recession than all the gives in this TA and a subpar 9.5% pay raise.
The 5% isn’t guaranteed to happen unless certain financial conditions happen, which we aren’t even close to it yet. If they don’t happen, we don’t get it. With this TA we get it.

I think I’ll wait for the ALPA Financial and Economic advisors to talk about the state of the industry etc before being sure to cast my vote.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:24 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014

The 5% isn’t guaranteed to happen unless certain financial conditions happen, which we aren’t even close to it yet. If they don’t happen, we don’t get it. With this TA we get it.

I think I’ll wait for the ALPA Financial and Economic advisors to talk about the state of the industry etc before being sure to cast my vote.
This is a pilots market right now . Take advantage of it while you can . Taking a dollar now might seem like I good idea , until you realize you could have held out and waited a little bit and got ten .
Old 06-24-2022, 05:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

I’ll give the MEC a chance to explain but I’m leaning- no falling - towards NO
Old 06-24-2022, 05:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: EWR 777 FO

This doesn't come close to keeping up with inflation. This gets us 4% on DOS to make up for the last 2 years of a combined 13.5% loss. The 5% next year at best keeps pace with inflation for 2023. So pay rates will take a real 9.5% loss long term with the implementation of this TA.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Pilot

I’m sure you are a yes vote, but if your mind is open consider the accuracy of the analysis and predictions by ALPA E&FA in the past.

Economic predictions are horribly inaccurate. They do not have a good track record.

I personally think you are trying to find reasons to vote yes, which is what most yes voters will need to do because this TA is terrible. But, yes voters will always find a reason to vote yes…and that reason is usually fear.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

There is always something right around the corner. Another pandemic, another recession, a crash, another terrorist incident. You'll never get more than scraps thinking this way. I take it you voted, "We'll get 'em next time" on this poll? Best one liner for the TA?
Old 06-24-2022, 06:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

0600 reserve call out assures that commuters are forced to spend a previous day off to commute in.

That alone is worth flushing this turd.

it’s NOT a money contract and it’s not a work rules contract.