Oversold! Here’s your $10,000

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Apparently we’re now in the business of giving out $10,000 Visa gift cards…

https://eyeoftheflyer.com/2022/06/27...0-dollar-bump/

Oversold flight was GRR-MSP.
Because some people know what they’re worth.

OTOH, some people would be willing for a measly $500…
Quote: Because some people know what they’re worth.

I see what you did there…

Thread closed.

You mean like 90% of Americans? Get off your high chair…
Quote: You mean like 90% of Americans? Get off your high chair…
but apparently not to 90% of pax on that flight
Quote: You mean like 90% of Americans? Get off your high chair…
If I told you I'd pay you $500 to cancel your family plans on July 4th, that's acceptable to you?

Or Christmas. Or Thanksgiving. Or your kid's birthday
I think I’m going to just start booking tickets on known oversold flights as a side gig. Think I heard a couple grand on Frontier two days ago.
Quote: If I told you I'd pay you $500 to cancel your family plans on July 4th, that's acceptable to you?

Or Christmas. Or Thanksgiving. Or your kid's birthday
1. Getting $500 extra if i'm already scheduled to work isn't canceling my family plans.

2. Getting an extra $500 for picking up an easy trip that reports at 2100-2200 might also not cancel any family plans.

Now keep posting how measly an extra $500 is when most Americans don't even make that in a day.
Quote: 1. Getting $500 extra if i'm already scheduled to work isn't canceling my family plans.

2. Getting an extra $500 for picking up an easy trip that reports at 2100-2200 might also not cancel any family plans.

Now keep posting how measly an extra $500 is when most Americans don't even make that in a day.
The company doesn't just give out handouts to the pilots out of the goodness of their heart. If they were going to give us money for holiday pay, it would be to incentivize us to either pick up trips or not call out sick. In either case, you are asking people to likely cancel or alter plans for a measly, yes measly, $500. Paying pilots already flying just for this holiday doesn't move the needle and wouldn't accomplish anything.

So again, if the company wants to provide better coverage on holidays, I'd entertain a pay override for any day touching an APD holiday and allow them to offer 300% premium on ALL holidays forever.

​​​​
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to