Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Closing Date

Old 07-04-2022, 08:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
This is what I said last fall and I got stones hurled at me. More and more are coming around. Most 76 seat flying will be done by the majors. Those in the current regional model will be just a small portion.
I agree . The 70/76/85 seat Jets were all flown by the Majors from 1980 to the late 90’s . The 70/76 seaters will be flown by the majors again , very soon . It’s nothing new to the majors . They were just able to force the regional pay down when they farmed all that flying to the regionals . That’s all coming full circle now . They will bring that flying back in house along with all of us . They would still need all of us to fly those planes and merge us in however they agreed or if it came down to it , how a judge rules . Mainline doesn’t even have enough pilots to fly what they got . So it definitely will be a win for us .
Old 07-04-2022, 10:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

It comes down to one simple fact. Pilots should leave here for better career opportunities that are available right now. Pilots should not come here for the same reason. That should not change until this place has better options and those options are put in writing. Not a promise or a prediction of things to come. Don’t fall into that trap, waiting and seeing, well things might get better here. That’s where you get s screwed. Put your applications out there now and be aggressive. It’s not going to get better then this.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

Correct me if I'm wrong but 70/76 seat flying at mainline is not being discussed at any of the big three in this latest round of contract negotiations?
Old 07-04-2022, 03:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by trip View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but 70/76 seat flying at mainline is not being discussed at any of the big three in this latest round of contract negotiations?
You are correct. It is only being discussed by psycho regional pilots fantasizing of being mainline pilots. Kinda like those SkyWest Pilots that wear “United” lanyards.
Old 07-04-2022, 06:33 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Originally Posted by CFIsoonToBeFO View Post
You are correct. It is only being discussed by psycho regional pilots fantasizing of being mainline pilots. Kinda like those SkyWest Pilots that wear “United” lanyards.
I feel it’s reasonable to think it’s being considered, but a lot of the people chanting “staple staple staple” fail to consider the enormous (potentially insurmountable) amount of work that would have to be accomplished to make it happen.

edit: grammar
Old 07-04-2022, 07:13 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2019

projection:if there were a Shut down Q4 2026, but could be unlikely and way to early for those projections. Also, more likely that pilots get stapled to DL and flight attendants are guaranteed face to face with no restrictions to get the face-to-face. As dl won’t merge endeavor fas cuz that would push a afa union vote .

Lots of factors @ play. If sky-west and republic were not hurting for pilots also , then yes, the shut down could happen. Right now , quick answer is no. Delta is still freaking out about pilots TBNT to endeavor and thus , Delta for a “career path”. People are saying no to the high school all-star and homecoming king , and that just doesn’t happen, but it did, and they have no clue how to handle it .

DG gave skywest 1/2 the country(the west) to operate for DL with no overlap and no cushion. Delta is contracted with skywest and republic and the source I have said, that delta is just waiting for republic and skywest to come to them and say ,they can’t handle the amount of flying they are doing due to crews. Until that time, nothing is going to be done here at endeavor, except try to ditch the 200. At least with skywest , you can read their 8-k and sec forms , which could give a little bit of a heads up . We know everytime skw gets a new 175, they, skw, has to give an atmosphere 900 to edv , where are they on that delivery? who knows.

Edv is out of captains by the fall and already people are being extended on the 200 with a minimum of 10-15 pairing changes during a 4day, in atl ,which is not typical. But in 2022 , it’s the new normal unfortunately.

good luck out there fam !
Old 07-05-2022, 04:52 AM
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by gohomedaybingo View Post
I feel it’s reasonable to think it’s being considered, but a lot of the people chanting “staple staple staple” fail to consider the enormous (potentially insurmountable) amount of work that would have to be accomplished to make it happen.

edit: grammar
Right now, a staple couldn't happen until Delta is fully staffed, which is a year or more from now. Giving the captains a number, in exchange for signing a flow commitment, is probably where this is headed.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022

Originally Posted by Levelout View Post
… is contracted with skywest and republic and the source I have said, that delta is just waiting for republic and skywest to come to them and say ,they can’t handle the amount of flying they are doing due to crews. Until that time, nothing is going to be done here at endeavor, except try to ditch the 200.
That has already happened.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:21 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by Round Luggage View Post
That has already happened.
Humm , may I ask , when did Skywest or republic go to delta ??

Cause of 10q (5-22-2022 ) of skywest hints at is only
the 200 has a terminable agreement .
united it’s 120days
delta it’s 30-days

***SkyWest Airlines has a capacity purchase agreement with Delta to place 16 E175 aircraft into service. The delivery dates for the 16 new E175 aircraft are currently scheduled for 2022.

***Salaries, wages and benefits. The $80.2 million, or 36.5%, increase in salaries, wages and benefits was due to increased costs to retain aviation professionals and increased direct labor costs resulting from the higher number of flights we operated during the three months ended March 31, 2022, compared to the three months ended March 31, 2021.

The risk skywest says is
covid-19, fuel , inflation , interest rate . No where mention pilot shortage or they can’t handle their agreements which this means parking planes and giving back flying to Delta.

Republic well , it’s BB, and Jesus will save them , so , they good .
Old 07-05-2022, 09:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
Right now, a staple couldn't happen until Delta is fully staffed, which is a year or more from now. Giving the captains a number, in exchange for signing a flow commitment, is probably where this is headed.
I don’t know the logistics behind a staple, but why does Delta have to be fully staffed?