Notices
NetJets Fractional Operator

Crew Food/Rest

Old 07-29-2022, 12:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Default Crew Food/Rest

We had an earlier union president that advocated for an airplane to be 100% airworthy before departing. This was done during contract negotiations. I think it's time for the union to advise crews to be nourished and rested before departing. The crew food has deteriorated substantially over the last few years. It's time to remind the company why the crew food program was initiated. I have no problem using my per diem for its intended purpose. However, I'm going to need an hour for lunch and an hour for dinner in addition to the normal hour turn.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
We had an earlier union president that advocated for an airplane to be 100% airworthy before departing. This was done during contract negotiations. I think it's time for the union to advise crews to be nourished and rested before departing. The crew food has deteriorated substantially over the last few years. It's time to remind the company why the crew food program was initiated. I have no problem using my per diem for its intended purpose. However, I'm going to need an hour for lunch and an hour for dinner in addition to the normal hour turn.
We used to have a Strong Union. They are too close to the company now. Last week’s message about Mgt. seeing the writing on the wall surprised me. We shall see if anything actually comes for it.
Old 07-30-2022, 06:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Telling the company you will need an extra hour for lunch and dinner won't work out very well for keeping your job. Telling the company you are setting the parking brake until you get food to go or delivered and that you will depart once you are properly nourished will be what is needed. We need the majority to get on this page to get anything fixed. The company doesn't give $h!+ about fixing it until it causes a problem that they can't just fire us for. I love deviations, but unless you take them at meal times, it doesn't help the crew food problem. I like the basic idea of where you are heading with this, but it is important to word it in a way that doesn't put a giant target on your back and to get the union stewards involved if there is any pushback.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2021
Default Lunch time…

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
Telling the company you will need an extra hour for lunch and dinner won't work out very well for keeping your job. Telling the company you are setting the parking brake until you get food to go or delivered and that you will depart once you are properly nourished will be what is needed. We need the majority to get on this page to get anything fixed. The company doesn't give $h!+ about fixing it until it causes a problem that they can't just fire us for. I love deviations, but unless you take them at meal times, it doesn't help the crew food problem. I like the basic idea of where you are heading with this, but it is important to word it in a way that doesn't put a giant target on your back and to get the union stewards involved if there is any pushback.

…Stewarts?
Old 08-01-2022, 04:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by ZebraSpots View Post
…Stewarts?
And the question is?
Old 08-02-2022, 06:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

We had a guy who carried a food scale and weighed every category daily. He claimed he was making $7000/year on grievances when awards were 10/15/20 bucks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He also lost his job when his bs cost a very high end long term customer an important meeting. Another lost his job when he demanded he could have a sit down meal between airline legs and got a bunch of after midnights.

Pick your battles wisely. Anyone who says they don’t get enough food while working for Netjets could probably afford to lose a few pounds. Too many crew members rely too much on elastic waistband slacks
Old 08-02-2022, 07:51 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2007

On the rest angle: what is the typical hotel/overnight transportation situation at NetJets these days?
Old 08-02-2022, 08:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Poolside

Originally Posted by JeffW85 View Post
On the rest angle: what is the typical hotel/overnight transportation situation at NetJets these days?
Depends on the market. Sometimes it’s a NJ-provided vehicle/driver, sometimes a hotel van or Uber/Lyft, and sometimes a rental car.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by ExecJet99 View Post
We used to have a Strong Union. They are too close to the company now. Last week’s message about Mgt. seeing the writing on the wall surprised me. We shall see if anything actually comes for it.
Our favorite Canadian got a nice 870 million payday this weekend. I think it's time we got paid instead of fighting over table scraps with the EMT. Tomorrow we start a pseudo block or better that almost all other airlines have. It only took 3,5 years to get it. The SU in '05 has been replaced by a bunch of middle-aged guys treading water and not wanting to rock the boat until retirement.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Bizjet Captain

Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Our favorite Canadian got a nice 870 million payday this weekend. I think it's time we got paid instead of fighting over table scraps with the EMT. Tomorrow we start a pseudo block or better that almost all other airlines have. It only took 3,5 years to get it. The SU in '05 has been replaced by a bunch of middle-aged guys treading water and not wanting to rock the boat until retirement.

​​​​​​Who is our favorite Canadian and what's that pseudo block or better you mentioned?