Elizabeth Warren wants to dictate to airlines

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
https://reason.com/2022/08/04/after-...ake-the-rules/
And here's the last paragraph of this fringe, Lib-owning "journalism."

"While they're all at it, they could work together to lift the requirement that U.S. commercial pilots have 1,500 flight hours before being hired. European pilots, who are just as safe as American pilots, don't face such a strict requirement. Also helpful would be raising pilots' retirement age higher than 65."

Did you even read the whole thing?
So if the lady needs her gall bladder removed, will she let the intern do it?

Because he/she has been an actual MD now since about mid-June.
Quote: And here's the last paragraph of this fringe, Lib-owning "journalism."

"While they're all at it, they could work together to lift the requirement that U.S. commercial pilots have 1,500 flight hours before being hired. European pilots, who are just as safe as American pilots, don't face such a strict requirement. Also helpful would be raising pilots' retirement age higher than 65."

Did you even read the whole thing?

Personally, I find no reason in an arbitrary 1500 hr rule, it’s based on nonsense.
Secondly, even though it would negatively impact me, I don’t see why airline pilots are forced to retire at, again, an arbitrary age of 65. There are those who could fly past that and I don’t see why an arbitrary number should stop them.
Quote: Personally, I find no reason in an arbitrary 1500 hr rule, it’s based on nonsense.
Secondly, even though it would negatively impact me, I don’t see why airline pilots are forced to retire at, again, an arbitrary age of 65. There are those who could fly past that and I don’t see why an arbitrary number should stop them.
Because the line has to be drawn somewhere. They just use the law of averages for the lines.
Personally, I find no reason why there shouldn’t be a national seniority list. Have pilots carry their tenure, issued at their first 121 carrier, and be paid for their experience flying airliners, instead of their hire date.

Oh wait, what is that I hear? No one else except the people who do nothing more than pull up the ladder behind them, yelling at everyone below them about avocado toast and “paying dues.”

Didn’t mean to derail your liberal bashing. Carry on by defending airlines who pocketed $54b of your tax dollars, are making record profits with near full load capacity, and not 1 pilot group has been able to get a reasonable TA across the table from any management group. Pilots are informational picketing across the country because they’re bored at home.
Quote: Because the line has to be drawn somewhere. They just use the law of averages for the lines.
This is what happens when you government. The 1500 hour rule was a purely political decision by Obama & Co and had nothing to do with safety. As far as age 65, there are plenty of pilots over 65 that are perfectly capable of piloting an aircraft.
Quote: This is what happens when you government. The 1500 hour rule was a purely political decision by Obama & Co and had nothing to do with safety. As far as age 65, there are plenty of pilots over 65 that are perfectly capable of piloting an aircraft.
Plenty of guys/gals who can safely drive at a BAT of 0.10 and fly at 0.05 too, but enough are sufficiently impaired at that level that there’s a danger, and you oftentimes can’t tell who is safe and who isn’t until the disaster happens. All limits in laws and regs are a legal fiction. The difference in experience between the pilot with 1499.5 hours and 1500 hours is essentially nonexistent, the between subject variability in QUALITY of experience being far greater than any measurable difference between the two. Same for speed limits, but some people are careless and some have the reaction time of a tree sloth and it all has to be enforced by people who are themselves often not the best and brightest.

You tell us how to fix it.
So corporate America's shift to full support of fascism over the last couple years still isn't enough to keep the Democrats from fining them. They made their bed, they can lay in it now.
Quote: This is what happens when you government. The 1500 hour rule was a purely political decision by Obama & Co and had nothing to do with safety. As far as age 65, there are plenty of pilots over 65 that are perfectly capable of piloting an aircraft.
Except there is no "1500 hour rule". Why not call it "750 hour rule"?
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to