Rolls Royce and Boom part ways

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Didn't UA/AA order a few hundred of these things? I get what you're saying though and the article alluded to just that fact. It doesn't seem like this is a financially viable option in the future.
I think between both carriers, including option orders, it totaled 70
Quote: Didn't UA/AA order a few hundred of these things? I get what you're saying though and the article alluded to just that fact. It doesn't seem like this is a financially viable option in the future.
They “ordered” them. Huge quotes
Quote: They “ordered” them. Huge quotes
Correct. A lot of companies 'ordered' those Nikola electric trucks too.

The good news is without an engine this airplane is 100% certain to meet the noise requirements. I'm not sure about range and speed though.
Quote: Correct. A lot of companies 'ordered' those Nikola electric trucks too.

The good news is without an engine this airplane is 100% certain to meet the noise requirements. I'm not sure about range and speed though.
And, more importantly, it will be green (= $subsidies$ = win-win for the tech bros.)
Not sure why they didn't design them with warp speed engines instead. Just as high a chance of flying by 2029.
Quote: Not sure why they didn't design them with warp speed engines instead. Just as high a chance of flying by 2029.
And what do we got on this thing, a Cuisinart?
Quote: Not sure why they didn't design them with warp speed engines instead. Just as high a chance of flying by 2029.
Enough jigo watts to make them go plaid would be great too.
Supersonic glider? 🤔
Quote: heard it was Toyota…they found out the turbos on the 2JZ in the Supra we’re so big it could push it to Mach 2.
Miata engine
Quote: Supersonic glider? 🤔
A.K.A. "the space shuttle"
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to