3 year just the same as a 4 year bachelors?

Subscribe
I see that a "4 YEAR" bachelor's is either preferred or required at many major airlines. But what about a 3-YEAR bachelor's?

Are 3-year bachelors still valid even though it is not the length of a 4-year in the eyes of these airlines? Or does it look better since it was a perhaps more intense program since it was a shorter span?

I look forward to hearing input from you all.

Thanks
Quote: I see that a "4 YEAR" bachelor's is either preferred or required at many major airlines. But what about a 3-YEAR bachelor's?

Are 3-year bachelors still valid even though it is not the length of a 4-year in the eyes of these airlines? Or does it look better since it was a perhaps more intense program since it was a shorter span?

I look forward to hearing input from you all.

Thanks
Probably depends on if it was from an accredited college/university/program or not. But maybe not anymore since four year degrees aren’t even an absolute requirement at most places anymore.
Employers who ask for a bachelor degree generally couldn't care less how quickly you completed it; they usually seek an accredited degree as an indicator of legitimacy, but whether you hammered it out in less than four years or not really doesn't matter. The bachelor degree is considered a four year degree. No one will much care if you finished in three. Most who use it as a place marker won't much care about the discipline, either. Accredited expertise in underwater basket weaving? Congratulations. You just became a more desirable pilot because, after all, that fateful day may just roll around when a terrorist demands you weave a basket or else...and you're suddenly the man. Or woman. Plus, you have a basket.

Just remember to make another, so all your eggs don't end up in just one.
Mine took about 25 years.
It depends on where (if) it is accredited.

If you knocked out a "4 year" degree in three years, but it's accredited as a normal BS/BA here in the US you're good. The airlines will like the work ethic. Same for a engineering degree done in four years (many students take five).

The only time it might be an issue is if it's a foriegn degree which has not been accredited in the US (or might be accredited as an AS/AA). Or some sort of online degree with no accreditation (ie the kind granted based on "life experience".
There are some foreign universities where a degree described as a bachelor’s or other terminology is actually a 60 hour (typical BS/BA is 120 hour) 2 year Associates degree. Others are unaccredited programs or diploma mills.
I don't see that the number of years it took makes much difference either way. Seeing that there is a degree is a positive but be prepared to have an answer, if asked (brief explanation on the program you stuied).