Differences between PSA and Envoy?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Other than their respective aircraft types, domiciles, and routes... any thoughts on any significant differences between the two, please?

Currently considering a DEC program at both... intend to live in-base wherever I might wind up.

Seems that DEC reserve time will be painfully long at either WO... just want to make sure I'm not missing anything important.

Many thanks.
Quote: Other than their respective aircraft types, domiciles, and routes... any thoughts on any significant differences between the two, please?

Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?
Quote: Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?
Welp, other than that one shooting scene where I got distracted... I was hoping someone could fill me in on what I might have missed? :-)
PSA has SAP. But as a PSA outsider, I m guessing SAP will not ever be a factor for a DEC hired today. Other than that, it s all about the bases imo.

Well, I guess if your AA or bust the length of flow might matter. I dont know those details though.
The difference is that at PSA you are guaranteed at least one, if not, two PRIA dings.

Go to Envoy or Piedmont. Far superior training quality.
Quote: The difference is that at PSA you are guaranteed at least one, if not, two PRIA dings.

Go to Envoy or Piedmont. Far superior training quality.
not if you’re competent
Quote: not if you’re competent
Not factually accurate. I was lucky to escape unscathed, but I know many good pilots who have their records marred by a training/standards department combined with FAA oversight run amuck.
Quote: Not factually accurate. I was lucky to escape unscathed, but I know many good pilots who have their records marred by a training/standards department combined with FAA oversight run amuck.
wow! Coming from you, that certainly gives it some credibility. I’ve heard plenty of horror stories out of that training department, but never knew what to make of them as plenty of people get through unscathed as well.

you wouldn’t co-sign it if there wasn’t some validity to it.
Quote: Not factually accurate. I was lucky to escape unscathed, but I know many good pilots who have their records marred by a training/standards department combined with FAA oversight run amuck.
Glad someone understands. It's a well known thing among PSA pilots. PSA training is horrible and like this person said, many sharp and skilled pilots had failures in thier records from PSA. Over the most ridiculous and miniscule things. Competence means nothing over there.

Take my word for it. Go to Envoy/Piedmont if you really want an AAWO and care about your PRIA. If you work your a** off in Piedmont, you are sure to be successful. Fantastic instructors there.
I second this…
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to