Atlas or ABX for CVG base?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Quote: I guess each person is different. My buddie’s girlfriend was at our ACMI, loved the job but her dream was UA. Got hired at UA and now hates life. Go figure
My friend at UAL is miserable there, he is a 9 year heavy FO who commutes with 12 days off on reserve, absolutely miserable. I can reflect his position, commuting, crashpads etc. at age 50. Not very glamorous. The grass ain't always greener on the other side with a brand name product.
Quote: My friend at UAL is miserable there, he is a 9 year heavy FO who commutes with 12 days off on reserve, absolutely miserable. I can reflect his position, commuting, crashpads etc. at age 50. Not very glamorous. The grass ain't always greener on the other side with a brand name product.
I guess it really depends on the person. My best friend is an AA FO based in Miami, he lives in base, and loves life.
But yeah commuting makes life miserable no doubt.
Quote: My friend at UAL is miserable there, he is a 9 year heavy FO who commutes with 12 days off on reserve, absolutely miserable. I can reflect his position, commuting, crashpads etc. at age 50. Not very glamorous. The grass ain't always greener on the other side with a brand name product.
Commuting to global reserve on a heavy at UA is a poor life decision.
Quote: Commuting to global reserve on a heavy at UA is a poor life decision.
I know new hires are getting WB at DL and UA, but I’d like to know the quality of life they can have.
wouldn’t moving to domicile fix that?
Quote: I know new hires are getting WB at DL and UA, but I’d like to know the quality of life they can have.
Give it some time when the senior folks believe it’s back to decent times overseas and than you’ll watch them return to the former high life. Plenty of newbies had the opportunity to be hired straight into a triple at UA or wherever, but purely due to the international lock downs, diabolical control methods, etc. As things have lightened up there may be a return somewhat and a displacement or two may happen. Granted, three years so far and no matter what the world indicates the retirements always continue. Clock never stops.
Quote: wouldn’t moving to domicile fix that?
Or going back to a NB.
Quote: Or going back to a NB.
Can you bid WB to NB as FO at UAL? Someone mentioned that you can't.
Quote: Can you bid WB to NB as FO at UAL? Someone mentioned that you can't.
After 2 years being in the WB.
Quote: Can you bid WB to NB as FO at UAL? Someone mentioned that you can't.
After 2 years of training freeze you can bid down to narrowbody.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to