Notices

18/5/5/5

Old 11-18-2022, 06:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
I just want the highest pay and quality of life possible. I am not sure what some of posters here want but that’s not it. Some just want conflict and seem to thrive on it.
And we are glad you provide that conflict. This place would be boring without you. Seriously.
Old 11-18-2022, 06:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

That the moon Rocket shot contract opener would not result in a contract and in the end we would get a much more modest contract in the 1 billion dollar range but several years later. I was told by the forum however that the company badly needed a contract and with a tough MEC we would produce a historic contract on time in 2019. It was posted we had lots of leverage but no one would define what exactly the leverage we had working for us might be other than the company had training and pilot needs. How that could be converted to leverage with the no concessions on anything approach eluded me.I suspect now we will end up with under ⅓ of a billion in retro for 2019, perhaps even less.
Moonshots have been tried under the RLA many times. The success rate to date is zero. The secret to success is short ontime contracts that keep compounding and bring your competitors pilots costs up with you. That moves the NMB’s coveted zone of reasonableness up. We abandoned what works and tried what has never worked. The result so far is less than zero with inflation.
I'm fine with the wait. If we were ever going to take a moon shot now is the time with pilots in demand and the company set for billions in profits. Retro 4/4/12 which is about $1.5B (over 3 years) and DOS at inflation +5% is my minimum so good luck in your retirement. In the meantime I'll take my share of the success in profit sharing.
Old 11-18-2022, 06:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: A350 Both

Originally Posted by Wolf424 View Post
You could’ve just said “anyone working for management” and we would’ve known who
This ^^^^^^^^^ is an ignorant post. I know for a fact that sailing does not work for management. You just don't like his opinions so you trash his character.
Old 11-18-2022, 06:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: A350 Both

Originally Posted by TegridyFarms View Post
Has nothing to do with disagreeing. Has everything to do with you three being management schills. Funny how pay rates, work rules, blah blah blah. Anytime someone says something—you three say expect less. It’s got nothing to do with disagreeing with me. I rarely post anything of substance really. It’s got everything to do with you three and your lowering of expectations.

It undermines the NC, the Union, and the entire pilot group when you do that. The union basically asked for us to stop doing this and then the three amigos get on today saying “18/5/5/5 will pass without concessions.”

If that’s your opinion—cool. This isn’t something we should be debating on a public forum now right as we get to that section in negotiations.

If 60 people responded and said: “hell yeah it would”…. You would screenshot that, take it to your bosses, and let them review it while you polish their shoes.
Good grief, really?
Old 11-18-2022, 06:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
Good grief, really?
Weird, I never said 18/5/5/5 would ratify. In fact I have said the opposite and that the MEC will have a difficult time getting a contract ratified.
Old 11-18-2022, 07:02 AM
Has a furrowed brow

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
This ^^^^^^^^^ is an ignorant post. I know for a fact that sailing does not work for management. You just don't like his opinions so you trash his character.

I’m speaking figuratively. That’s fine if you think that, though.

My opinion is based off the fact that certain players on this board constantly undermine our NC. Our union has asked us not to negotiate in public. To me, anyone who does is doing management’s job for them…hence my comment.

I agree and disagree with much that you, Trip, OOff, Sailing, scoop, tegridy or any of the other frequent posters put on the board. However to me, negotiating in public is a red line that shouldn’t be crossed, no matter your opinion on it. Save your opinions for the NH Polling phone calls or talking directly to your reps.

The 18/5/5/5 thread should be closed. Just one guy’s opinion.
Old 11-18-2022, 07:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Wolf424 View Post
I’m speaking figuratively. That’s fine if you think that, though.

My opinion is based off the fact that certain players on this board constantly undermine our NC. Our union has asked us not to negotiate in public. To me, anyone who does is doing management’s job for them…hence my comment.

I agree and disagree with much that you, Trip, OOff, Sailing, scoop, tegridy or any of the other frequent posters put on the board. However to me, negotiating in public is a red line that shouldn’t be crossed, no matter your opinion on it. Save your opinions for the NH Polling phone calls or talking directly to your reps.

The 18/5/5/5 thread should be closed. Just one guy’s opinion.
Everybody on here is negotiating in public. It sure looks like the MEC is trying to walk back their demands. Would posting you want more be the same issue? If they announce a modest contact will you be on here complaining?
Old 11-18-2022, 07:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: On the hotel shuttle

Originally Posted by blue vortex View Post
Like it or not guys he’s right.

Yes, indeed.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
Yes, indeed.
Yet, standing by. X
Old 11-18-2022, 09:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

...........Moonshots have been tried under the RLA many times. The success rate to date is zero. The secret to success is short ontime contracts that keep compounding and bring your competitors pilots costs up with you. That moves the NMB’s coveted zone of reasonableness up. We abandoned what works and tried what has never worked. The result so far is less than zero with inflation.

I don't know how they began their negotiations (maybe they weren't moonshots), but it seems to me that Endeavor, Mesa. and the other commuters have been successful at making it to the moon.

How would you characterize what they achieved and how they achieved it?