18/5/5/5

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 49
Go to
Quote: What are the MEC’s demands?

I saw their opener, which detailed their priorities, as established in communication with the membership. Is “demand” management speak for “priority”?
Retirement was one of the pillars so if they don’t move the ball on that then they are walking it back. A single QOL loss is a walk back.
Quote: They cut the interview rate? Where did you hear this and by how much?
It was posted somewhere on Delta net. Not going to look it up. The reason given was the pool was to large which is correct. July hires are getting Dec class dates. I posted on here that hiring was going to be cut back next spring and got the same where did you see that question and that it was incorrect. It was since mentioned multiple times on Deltanet or town hall videos. I suspect the pull back to 100 to 125 a month is part of the above decision however the company did not say that. A pool of 900 CJO’s is not healthy as once a pilot is hired and starts at another airline they are less likely to start over again and switch. Especially when you might have 600 to 800 pilots under you at UAL with their current hiring rate.
Quote: Everybody on here is negotiating in public. It sure looks like the MEC is trying to walk back their demands. Would posting you want more be the same issue? If they announce a modest contact will you be on here complaining?
please enlighten us on what the MEC is walking back. I’d be interested to know.
Quote: It was posted somewhere on Delta net. Not going to look it up. The reason given was the pool was to large which is correct. July hires are getting Dec class dates. I posted on here that hiring was going to be cut back next spring and got the same where did you see that question and that it was incorrect. It was since mentioned multiple times on Deltanet or town hall videos. I suspect the pull back to 100 to 125 a month is part of the above decision however the company did not say that. A pool of 900 CJO’s is not healthy as once a pilot is hired and starts at another airline they are less likely to start over again and switch. Especially when you might have 600 to 800 pilots under you at UAL with their current hiring rate.
At least retiring military guys will be given CJO’s 24 months out!
Quote: Wasn’t Alaska amendable for less than 18 mos? They got their signing bonus plus some small form of retro that got Captains close to 40k and FOs close to 30k? 6% puts us in that ballpark…. Now double it, minimum, since we are approaching 36 months.

Also I did some quick math about a month ago and believe our 12 year 73 A rates were about 5% ahead of theirs. Didn’t their 12 year A’s get a 14% raise DOS (and some other years/ categories up to 22%)? We are going to need to get at least 19-20% minimum to stay 5% ahead. And me being a lowly FO I am going to need at least 25% to keep up with Alaska. It’s time, the bill is past due.
Amendable since Apr 1, 2020.

Contract effective mostly Dec 1, but payrates effective back to Sept 1. PBS implementation will take a while, those benefits won’t be seen til early 2024.

Signing bonus (not really retro) was decided to be Oct 1 2021. Apr 2020-Sept 2021 were written off as pandemic losses where the airline was losing billions and so the union and company agreed to starting look back at Oct 1, 2021. So Oct 2021 - Aug 2022 was 11 months. 3k for CAs and 2k for FOs. CAs get 33k, FOs 22k.

Plus the Sept and Oct retro for this year, old payrates to new payrates for these two months. For CAs that’s another 7-8k. About $40-41k net overall signing bonus (Covid modified retro).

Our 12th yr was 266.29

3 yr contract, DOS is 306, 318, 331.

Sept 2023 and 2024 a one time look at AA, DL, UA, SW. Add all 4 , divide by 4 for an average rate and get bumped up to that if that’s higher. JetBlue included in calculation only if they get a new contract before then.

401K is 16% but if 3 / 5 big pax carriers get 17%, AS gets bumped to 17%.
Quote: No, When you do get a new contract look back however and see how close it matches what I predicted. We are moving closer and closer as each month passes buy. I can tell that annoys some of you. I will be fishing, diving and sailing while trying to be around positive people!
Will you be the smartest guy on the boat? Somehow I’m afraid so.

Enjoy your retirement.
Quote: Everybody on here is negotiating in public. It sure looks like the MEC is trying to walk back their demands. Would posting you want more be the same issue? If they announce a modest contact will you be on here complaining?
Given the $100,000 bonuses at all 3 American regionals the MEC has increased the positions.

As usual you are clueless.
Quote: It was posted somewhere on Delta net. Not going to look it up. The reason given was the pool was to large which is correct. July hires are getting Dec class dates. I posted on here that hiring was going to be cut back next spring and got the same where did you see that question and that it was incorrect. It was since mentioned multiple times on Deltanet or town hall videos. I suspect the pull back to 100 to 125 a month is part of the above decision however the company did not say that. A pool of 900 CJO’s is not healthy as once a pilot is hired and starts at another airline they are less likely to start over again and switch. Especially when you might have 600 to 800 pilots under you at UAL with their current hiring rate.
Training department said last week 200 a month through end of 2023 so the hiring might be scaled back a bit but training is still maintaining same rate
Quote: They cut the interview rate? Where did you hear this and by how much?
MSP CPO newsletter now says hiring ~150/month next year. Don't know if that's every month or the full year average. Other times it's been posted that the 200/month will go through the spring before slowing down in the summer and picking up again in the fall.
Quote: These forums don't undermine anything. None of us are negotiating anything. The NC have their marching orders and their polling data. And as evidenced by the election of Hartmann, the reps want to keep the good old boys club intact. I don't blame them really. It's a pretty cushy gig.
I agree with the new MEC guy. Nothing like full FPL while out on LTD...getting 100+hrs a month instead of 60% LDT. Sign me up!
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  26 
Page 16 of 49
Go to