18/5/5/5

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 49
Go to
FWIW, when asked if there was any truth to this rumor, my reps told me, “NO”. And to expect an official comm with an update on progress this week.
Quote: Nothing official. If there is any truth to this it’s a step in the right direction, but still falls slightly short of my “YES” trigger. Lot of pieces to this puzzle.
slightly... like 5% and DC increase and QOL stuff. My retro check passes 100K too as of DEC. (3 full years)
Quote: not if there’s a bunch of other good stuff
which there won’t be lol
Quote: which there won’t be lol
why not? This isn’t the old guard.
Quote: Anecdotally, my local pizza shop raised their two pizza special from $18.99 to $24.99. That’s 24%. And that is my floor for a yes vote.

I'm liking that math your throwing down there, much more my speed.
Quote: not if there’s a bunch of other good stuff
There MUST be a big hourly increase, EVEN if there's "a bunch of other good stuff."
Quote: Anecdotally, my local pizza shop raised their two pizza special from $18.99 to $24.99. That’s 24%. And that is my floor for a yes vote.
That's a 31.6% increase. I'm seeing my costs increase far greater than what the CPI suggests as well.

We all need to let it sink in that we need to see some giant numbers just to tread water from where we were at 3 years ago.
FWIW. I went to the BLS web-site and calculated inflation using their tool
I arbitrarily picked July '19 (mid year), and calculated thru October '22 (latest data available) 16.1519%
https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
so, 16.15% raise is inflation neutral - and yes, I understand that the CPI has understated inflation by design since at least the 80s.
Then, do we expect a raise from the 2019 rates - loud YES from me - this is the best pilot power environment ever - if we can't get it now, we can't get it ever.

I don't get why ALPA cannot get a post amendable date automatic inflation indexed raise into the contract - got to stop giving the company incentive to delay new contract.
Quote: FWIW. I went to the BLS web-site and calculated inflation using their tool
I arbitrarily picked July '19 (mid year), and calculated thru October '22 (latest data available) 16.1519%
https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
so, 16.15% raise is inflation neutral - and yes, I understand that the CPI has understated inflation by design since at least the 80s.
Then, do we expect a raise from the 2019 rates - loud YES from me - this is the best pilot power environment ever - if we can't get it now, we can't get it ever.

I don't get why ALPA cannot get a post amendable date automatic inflation indexed raise into the contract - got to stop giving the company incentive to delay new contract.
All you need to do is negotiate it. Companies are however notorious for loathing open ended cost items not to mention what happens when the airline industry crashes next which it will at some point. They would attach a tremendous cost to such a provision.
Quote: I find it a bit interesting that by COB today (Friday) there is zero mention of negotiations this week from either side. Not elevating a trial balloon, but nothing has been said from either side. I don’t see an AIP out of this week(meaning I see the possible balloon fell), but I’d expect an update on sections open, yet no comms. An update of closing a single section (all now major) would indicate some movement. Crickets. Yawn and to bed.
The company is waiting for the union to update us so they can "correct" any disinformation.

The union is waiting for Monday because you know the weekend. I'm sure all had Friday off because of Veteran's day.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 49
Go to