Hotel points

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: Except during covid when airline crew literally kept the lights on in these hotels.

I guess the hotels already forgot about that.
Agreed. It is amazing how quickly we went from being the most valued customer to the least almost overnight.
Quote: Correct—if you use a discount crew rate they don’t usually issue points. Crown Plaza has a few different rates in PHX for example. The cheapest one is no points, the next cheaper “commuter” rate gets points. It’s about a $15 difference.

I'm glad you said that. I was wondering why points weren't showing up. [emoji848]
I was already a fan of Bonvoy before working here and as it turns out a vast majority of our overnights are Bonvoy properties here at NK. Awesome.

We absolutely have some hotels here that take your number and credit a stay and small amount of points. I care way more about the stay personally.

I got the AMEX Bonvoy card a couple years ago. I always put it on file and charge a drink or some food to it. This has definitely caused some other hotels to credit me with a stay (and I automatically get the points for what I bought (at 6x cuz of my CC).

My card starts the year out with 25 night stays. I commute, but only need 12-15 a year. I’d say another 10 personal travel. So that puts me around 50ish. I just hit Titanium at 75 nights this year for the first time. So I’ve gotten a solid 25-30 nights at work this year while
overnighting. YMMV.
Quote: But yet, netjets and flexjet get unlimited points 🙄
And many cargo operators.....both 135 and 121. Same for rental car points/credits...
Yeah...not everybody is stuck riding the shuttle, and abandoned at the hotel!
It's a QOL thing....$$ might be good at many "airlines" but having a life beyond the hotel shuttles on a layover is kinda great!
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to