Homebasing for everyone

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
DAB…for one.
Visual representation
This was really great news to me as someone interested in applying with NJA once I meet their mins. I compiled a map here with pins at all the airports on the above list, to help anyone else who may be unfamiliar with all the codes or may just want a better visual representation.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...QE&usp=sharing

Hopefully it works, I've never used this tool before. Apologies for the new account, I haven't had a reason to post anything until now.
Just curious, but is FMN (Farmington NM) really considered a HBA ? There hasn’t been any airline service there since 2016-17 when Great Lakes pulled up and then went out of business.

(New account here, been so long since I posted on APC I don’t have my old account email anymore)
Quote: Just curious, but is FMN (Farmington NM) really considered a HBA ? There hasn’t been any airline service there since 2016-17 when Great Lakes pulled up and then went out of business.

(New account here, been so long since I posted on APC I don’t have my old account email anymore)
Nope. Not on the list.
I'll try to keep the map linked below updated with regards to bases being open, waivered, etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...6h&usp=sharing
Does anyone know if these new bases are likely to stick around? If assigned a base and they decide to close it are you grandfathered into it or do you have to change bases?
Quote: Does anyone know if these new bases are likely to stick around? If assigned a base and they decide to close it are you grandfathered into it or do you have to change bases?
Bases only close when there isn't enough airline service to meet the requirements to be a base. If an airport loses some service to go below the threshold, sometimes they can be a waivered airport where you can use it, but you have no after midnight protections. Other times the airport gets closed for a while and then gets enough service to come back to a home base status. If your base looses too much service, you will have to change bases, but you can go back if it reopens.
Quote: Does anyone know if these new bases are likely to stick around? If assigned a base and they decide to close it are you grandfathered into it or do you have to change bases?
Also I swap bases every couple of months. You don’t have to just have one base.
Quote: Also I swap bases every couple of months. You don’t have to just have one base.
I hear Omaha is becoming a rather large base.
Quote: I hear Omaha is becoming a rather large base.
It may be the biggest base momentarily around the first weekend in May. I'll be there. The projections are at least 1000 marching that Saturday, as I'm sure you've heard. Should be fun.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to