Read the latest NC update

Notices

Read the latest NC update

Old 02-02-2023, 09:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO

Originally Posted by ClncClarence View Post
Can anyone here provide a sourced answer for this? I’ve always been under the impression that the TA’d sections were under NDA until everything was agreed to and approved by the NC/MEC. I haven’t ever heard of this info being released during other companies’ negotiations so I’m curious to hear from all those here demanding transparency if it’s even allowed.
Pat answered this in a recent call - said that some ALPA groups have chosen to release the sections as each one is TA'd and have had varying levels of success but MEC/NC chose to keep it private until final - same way they did 2011 and 2015.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Pilotguy21 View Post
They should let us vote on the next offer the company gives. Then we get to read it and send it back with a very high no vote percentage. Maybe that would send the message needed
If that were to happen and CO knew about it they would undoubtedly lowball the offer - and probably the next one if the idea became that this wasn't the "best offer" on the table. Keep in mind that the TA you eventually get to vote on will be revision 20+. It will have already been sent back and forth dozens of times - it's not the "first offer" and that kind of thinking will kill the entire process
Old 02-02-2023, 12:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

I’m kinda disappointed with the mediator, I mean, I hope the NC would have gone in and showed Deltas pay rates, the fact that we had buybacks, and our high profit margin…then look across the table to the mediator and say, “Well? You gonna mediate?” Can’t he go, “Hey FDX, given all this stuff in front of me, your proposed rate is waaaaaay too low, come back with another offer”?
Old 02-02-2023, 01:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: Reverse Apexed

I agree with Magic Rat. That’s the way I thought it would happen as well. Too bad we can’t watch!
Old 02-02-2023, 02:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2022

How do you know the mediator didn’t do that and the company just refused to budge?
Old 02-02-2023, 03:59 PM
Clear ECAM

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by magic rat View Post
I’m kinda disappointed with the mediator, I mean, I hope the NC would have gone in and showed Deltas pay rates, the fact that we had buybacks, and our high profit margin…then look across the table to the mediator and say, “Well? You gonna mediate?” Can’t he go, “Hey FDX, given all this stuff in front of me, your proposed rate is waaaaaay too low, come back with another offer”?
Well that’s really not the way mediation works. It’s not the mediator’s job to make specific suggestions to either party or to push things in a certain direction, he’s there to get them to come to an agreement between themselves.

Arbitration on the other had would be a different story. In that case, they take all the info presented and use their judgement to settle the issue.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by ClncClarence View Post
Well that’s really not the way mediation works. It’s not the mediator’s job to make specific suggestions to either party or to push things in a certain direction, he’s there to get them to come to an agreement between themselves.

Arbitration on the other had would be a different story. In that case, they take all the info presented and use their judgement to settle the issue.
actually they absolutely push and suggest. You should listen to DALPA podcast Engage a few segments back where they talk about this extensively.
Old 02-03-2023, 03:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by HvypurplePylot View Post
Does any other pilot group get the details of TA'd sections? Some just want to punch holes in everything, how can you expect the NC to negotiate under those conditions.
I love the unity. I wonder which one of you is the clown on JF wanting to get rid of ALPA because their email wasn't answered. Same person that has admitted they are too lazy to look something up in the contract.
I admit to the sin of being too lazy to look something up in the contract recently. But I unequivocally deny I’m that person. I’m pro-ALPA. Just wanted to throw that out there in case you were referring to me.

I think in general, we as pilots, want to know all available information as soon as possible. We’ve been trained and conditioned that way from the beginning of flight training. I certainly would prefer that I could look at the TAd sections. Bit I’m not sure it would be the best idea right now.
Old 02-04-2023, 04:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Check your emails for a video update from the MEC. They directly address the false rumors and more from all you "insider knowledge" guys.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by opt0712 View Post
Check your emails for a video update from the MEC. They directly address the false rumors and more from all you "insider knowledge" guys.
Except for the bumped for training concession, they didn't mention that in the video, unless I missed it.