Read the latest NC update

Notices

Read the latest NC update

Old 01-12-2023, 03:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: B-777

Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
If the company can use the profits from revenues generated by us enduring hotel lock downs and exposure to a pandemic to do stock buybacks. They can afford to improve our retirement AND increase our pay rates. There's no "wiggle room". there will be no exchanges in productivity to offset economic gains. I don't care how long you've been here if you're going to consider those types of offers I would urge you to stiffen your resolve and reconsider.

Giving money to share holders does nothing to improve the business.
I’ve been here over 27 years and I absolutely agree with you. I try not to take negotiations personally, because it’s not personal, but after the crap I’ve put up with over the last 3 years and then watching the company spend a billion dollars on stock buy backs, my patience with their intransigence is wearing thin. The company can absolutely afford everything we ask for, that’s never been the issue. In my opinion, the main issue the company has had with us when negotiating a contract has been one of optics. Since we are the only unionized employee group at FedEx, if it’s perceived that the pilots get a good deal in a contract, maybe the other employee groups would be more apt to try and unionize. It’s a theory, but a plausible one. Either way, it’s not my problem. The company needs to pony up on this contract and we all have to be ready to vote it down if it’s not to the standard that we feel we are entitled to. Don’t get me wrong, no contract is ever going to have everything you want, but the major sections need to be taken care of, no matter how long it takes. I haven’t gotten a raise in over 2 years, meanwhile, all my expenses have increased dramatically with inflation.
Old 01-12-2023, 03:38 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2019

No from me if any concessions and not industry leading. Time to pay up.
Old 01-12-2023, 04:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by PurpleTail View Post
Retirement was a costly big ticket item for the company so if the number comes in at or better than expected then I might have some flexibility in expected pay rates, but if retirement comes in below my expectations it'll have to be made up with better pay rates. Will be very difficult to get both but hoping for the best.

IN UNITY!
This is why we cant have nice things, your defeatist attitude. Flexibility?? GMAFB

Did Delta give up some profit sharing or an increase in their B fund to get their new rates?

Our 12 year pay rates need to match Delta's and not a penny less. Throw the 15 year pay scale out with the trash. If we keep the 15 year mark then it needs to exceed Delta's 12 year. I have ZERO flexibility.
Old 01-12-2023, 04:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Two Wheeler FrontSeat

Originally Posted by usmcfdx View Post
this is why we cant have nice things, your defeatist attitude. Flexibility?? Gmafb

did delta give up some profit sharing or an increase in their b fund to get their new rates?

Our 12 year pay rates need to match delta's and not a penny less. Throw the 15 year pay scale out with the trash. If we keep the 15 year mark then it needs to exceed delta's 12 year. I have zero flexibility.
☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾
Old 01-12-2023, 04:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by USMCFDX View Post
This is why we cant have nice things, your defeatist attitude. Flexibility?? GMAFB

Did Delta give up some profit sharing or an increase in their B fund to get their new rates?

Our 12 year pay rates need to match Delta's and not a penny less. Throw the 15 year pay scale out with the trash. If we keep the 15 year mark then it needs to exceed Delta's 12 year. I have ZERO flexibility.
Say it LOUDER.

No matter what retirement looks like, hold strong and vote NO if this TA ends up being full of holes and concessions. Try selling us a substandard TA that will have us playing catch up for a decade after all the doom and gloom holiday messages, get outta here with that BS.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: BE-20, LR35

Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
I’m not the one who said they would vote no if vacation is touched in “any” way. So I gave a hypothetical in which vacation was touched but in a minimal way. In essence, testing his assertiveness in the use of the word any.
Yeah but you asked a reasonable question to unreasonable people on the internet….so…

I hope people read every section, analyze it, and make informed decisions, whether it be yes or no. I’m reserving my bluster as well as my optimism and pessimism until I’ve actually read the language of a TA. Then I’ll make my decision.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Lets try to give our NC the benefit of doubt, they have been working tirelessly to get a ratifiable contract to the Membership. Extensive polling has been conducted and the membership has been consistent and clear that retirement improvements is the number one priority since day 1 and that any pancake plan is not ratifiable so put that rumor in a grave. 8 No's from the union to the company, 15 total passes back and forth on retirement. Thats how many times the company tried to low ball us but the union pushed back. We have to read this agreement, once it gets to us, and judge it in its totality. Yes, I have my own show stoppers but I also have some discretion and wiggle room on other areas. Covid created a lot, I mean A LOT, of unusual one off scenario's that you don't see during normal operation and definitely not during a slow down like we are experiencing. I've been here over 20+ years and have lived through many booms and busts, its the nature of our business so just please, keep an open mind. We have almost 6,000 pilot, that means 6,000 different opinions, objectives, priorities and years left on property...there is no such thing as a one size fits all perfect contract.

Retirement was a costly big ticket item for the company so if the number comes in at or better than expected then I might have some flexibility in expected pay rates, but if retirement comes in below my expectations it'll have to be made up with better pay rates. Will be very difficult to get both but hoping for the best.

IN UNITY!
I am going to have to pile on here a bit.

I agree the NC has worked very hard, for that I am thankful. But just because you work hard doesn't mean you did well. Results matter. SHOW ME THE MONEY.

And by that I want more money in EVERY section possible. I will not be happy nor vote for a TA that has one thing fixed and the rest below expectations. WE HAVE EARNED THE BEST CBA IN THE INDUSTRY. PERIOD.

So I asked the NC Chair a question yesterday. I said, you said you are going for a 50% replacement ratio in our pension. And you have said you TAd section 28 without knowing the pay rates. SO either you you reached for a very high FAE like $530K (our current formula limit) or you tied our pension to pay rates like PSPP. Care to comment? After five or so minutes talking, his answer was "no" he was not going to answer. I fear PSPP in some form is back. And I fear all new hires will be forced into the "new" pension.

About your one size does not fit all, I have to disagree. Wa are labor. We must think more collectively. I have to think about the new hire, the ones who are out on LTD, domestic flyers, international flyers, pilots who get secondary lines, pilots who are about to retire, pilots who are getting divorced, pilots who just go t married, In short, I have to worry about all pilots and so should you. We must stand together or we will be divided and conquered.

When we stood shoulder to shoulder on Democrat, no one asked us which section we were most concerned with so they could put us in the right part of the line. WE were ALPA standing for ALL of us, carrying all of our concerns. We have to do the same when it comest to supporting our contract.

NO CONSESSIONS.

Anything less is capitulation.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Wiggle room? NO WIGGLE ROOM, NO CONCESSIONS.

If delta can do it, why can’t WE???

Last edited by magic rat; 01-12-2023 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

IN UNITY!
Thats not unity. You undermine those who have no wiggle room for below industry leading pay rates. FedEx is different, management is 100% correct on that. It’s the sole reason why we should be industry leading in absolutely everything. Keep your wiggle to yourself until the TA is out if you truly want unity.
Old 01-12-2023, 07:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

wiggle room my ass. this is why our work rules suck. our retirement has been locked since ‘99. our pay rates are sub par and have been for several years now, our training section sucks, and why, in the past, we’ve taken needless concessions: this soft approach to hard business, which is sickening. imagine if all the pilots approached a TA with wiggle room, the wiggle gets bigger, becomes porous, crap takes us by surprise, and we get 2015 all over again!

and all you supporters and defenders of 2015 should shut up and suck your thumbs!

just my opinion. i could be wrong. but i’m not.

#zero-point-zero concessions!