Sobering...
Baffling...
Mountain winds?

https://youtu.be/Z6qGsJOyRw0
Old 01-16-2023, 05:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: N/A

It looked a lot like a stall/spin on the news last night.
Old 01-16-2023, 06:53 PM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Speculation and guesswork; beautiful things.

Not.
Old 01-17-2023, 03:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Speculation and guesswork; beautiful things.

Not.
It looked a lot like a stall/spin to me. I knew you or someone else would immediately criticize my observation. Of course you would never speculate yourself on an accident or incident, such as a runway incursion at JFK.
Old 01-17-2023, 03:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Such as:

What could the 777 crew have possibly been thinking was their game plan, as they taxied to runway 31L? We don't know, and shouldn't speculate. Wrong taxiway, wrong routing, wrong runway, wrong direction, wrong signage, wrong clearance, no confirmation. This, in the face of having run performance numbers for a different runway (4L), accepted a clearance for 4L, received taxi directions for 4L, been given a hold short on the way to 4L at Kilo, and almost certaily having briefed the taxi to 4L. What could they have been thinking? I'm quite certain of what they were not thinking: they were not thinking they'd intentionally taxi somewhere they weren't cleared. They were not thinking they'd taxi to a wrong runway. They were not thinking they'd create a runway incursion.”

No speculation there!
Old 01-17-2023, 04:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

The video from inside the airplane is fake, for those of you who area sitting there in your white new balances thinking that it is real.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Pilot4000 View Post
The video from inside the airplane is fake, for those of you who area sitting there in your white new balances thinking that it is real.
I’m not referring to the inside video. I’m referring to the external video where it looks like the plane stalls and enters a spin.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:09 AM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Duckdude View Post
It looked a lot like a stall/spin to me. I knew you or someone else would immediately criticize my observation. Of course you would never speculate yourself on an accident or incident, such as a runway incursion at JFK.
I did not speculate on the incident at JFK. The thread was started with an open invitation to discuss the event, and I did, and specifically stated, as I always do, that I do not speculate, and I do not guess. I stated repeatedly that we do not know and cannot know, and focused on identifying factually what we did know. Perhaps your reading comprehension suffers, or perhaps you simply didn't bother.

What you've done, dragging another thread here, because your little panties are ablaze over a perceived slight, is a violation of the rules here, as well as forum etiquette, to say nothing of its irrelevancy. I didn't respond to you: the comments that hurt your thin-skined mini-ego were general, but I didn't quote you, or identify you. Perhaps we should take some time to comfort you, as you've quickly made this all about you. You, you you. And your speculation.

Let the conspiracy theories begin, now; the first officer on the crashed flight was a widow who lost her husband in a crash in 2006; she used the insurance money to get her certification and ratings in the US, and has also died in a crash in Nepal.

Nepal has a history of dangerous operations, a very high rate of crashes and mishaps, and has been banned by the EU, for air operations. Not that uncommon for a number of operators in that part of the world. Those who haven't traveled over there may not fully understand why, but mishaps like this may give an idea.

Notable is the experience level of both crew. The captain had 22,000 hours total time, while the F/O reportedly flew 6,500 hours. Neither, in terms of total time, were neophytes.

Last edited by JohnBurke; 01-17-2023 at 05:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by Duckdude View Post
I’m not referring to the inside video. I’m referring to the external video where it looks like the plane stalls and enters a spin.
I didn't say you did. And I agree definitely looks like a stall/spin accident.
Old 01-17-2023, 08:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Pilot4000 View Post
My gut reaction was the same. It's fake. But I can't prove it. Do you have any supporting evidence?