Line Check Scheduled

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I am due for a 2 leg line check according to VTS anytime from Apr23-Jun23. Look at my schedule today and see one has been place on a trip this month (Feb23). And no I’m not in special tracking or anything of that nature. I assume they can do a line check at anytime or does it need to fall in the window that VTS displays? Or is it time to start wearing my aluminum foil armadillo hat?
Does it matter? I never really understood why people get worked up about line checks. Just fly the same as you always do
Quote: I am due for a 2 leg line check according to VTS anytime from Apr23-Jun23. Look at my schedule today and see one has been place on a trip this month (Feb23). And no I’m not in special tracking or anything of that nature. I assume they can do a line check at anytime or does it need to fall in the window that VTS displays? Or is it time to start wearing my aluminum foil armadillo hat?
You absolutely can get a line check early, it just resets your 2 year clock to an earlier window next time.
Quote: I am due for a 2 leg line check according to VTS anytime from Apr23-Jun23. Look at my schedule today and see one has been place on a trip this month (Feb23). And no I’m not in special tracking or anything of that nature. I assume they can do a line check at anytime or does it need to fall in the window that VTS displays? Or is it time to start wearing my aluminum foil armadillo hat?
Anytime any place....

Some reserves guys get screwed... called out last minute and the previous Captain has a line check scheduled.... guess who gets a line check now.
DL has to line check 50% of the captains per year so there are always line checks outside the windows.
Quote: Does it matter? I never really understood why people get worked up about line checks. Just fly the same as you always do
I love the guys that sick it at the last minute... Like they can get out if it.
Quote: I love the guys that sick it at the last minute... Like they can get out if it.
I love the guys who assume they know exactly why some other pilot has called in sick... like they can read their mind.
Quote: I love the guys who assume they know exactly why some other pilot has called in sick... like they can read their mind.
Fair point, but from behind the scenes it is pretty easy to spot someone "allegedly" sicking out to avoid a checkride. Talk to OE schedulers who sometimes will go to extraordinary lengths to hide a LC so it will get done (and not avoided.) Also, as had been stated, the LCP will check whoever shows up to fly the flight. The company shoots for - is supposed to check - 50% of our pilots every year. That stat is often stated, but in reality, DAL never hits (or perhaps rarely hits) that number.
Quote: Anytime any place....
Yeah this.

I don't get the angst some have for getting line check??

Our LCAs are pretty awesome group.

Best one I can remember was a few years back. Transcon. LA overnight then back. The 3 of us had a blast. And I learned some new stuff to boot.
Quote: Fair point, but from behind the scenes it is pretty easy to spot someone "allegedly" sicking out to avoid a checkride. Talk to OE schedulers who sometimes will go to extraordinary lengths to hide a LC so it will get done (and not avoided.) Also, as had been stated, the LCP will check whoever shows up to fly the flight. The company shoots for - is supposed to check - 50% of our pilots every year. That stat is often stated, but in reality, DAL never hits (or perhaps rarely hits) that number.
exactly. I've seen it several times.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to