EFB Platform: Apple vs. Android

Subscribe
I've been out of flying for so long I missed the whole aviation transition to EFB's in the cockpit. I'm getting back into flying, GA for now, but hope to return to Part 121 within the next year or two. Two main questions:
- for personal use, I'm a strict Android guy. I have made a couple of attempts in the past to get comfortable with iOS, but to no avail. For a GA EFB, I'm debating which platform to start with: stick with what I'm comfortable, or force myself to make the switch to Apple?
- what device does your airline issue to pilots? has the industry as a whole, or predominantly, gravitated toward one or the other (most likely Apple, I presume?)

Thank you!
Most of the industry is the ipad.

A few holdouts use windows platforms.

But, ipad.
I am also not an apple person. But the ipad works great as an EFB, and it's very widely used so I'd say the bugs have been worked out. I believe apple has made some software accommodations for that purpose, to ensure stability.

I used a windows tablet at one point, and it did strange things, was always worried that it would lock up or decide to install an OS update at an inopportune moment, such as the IAF.
Quote: has the industry as a whole, or predominantly, gravitated toward one or the other
yes ~apple~