CVG/CLE next base?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 13
Go to
Maybe both will CVG and CLE will become eventual bases. Just like TPA and MCO are in same state and a few hour drive from each other. Just thinking 🤔
Quote: Maybe both will CVG and CLE will become eventual bases. Just like TPA and MCO are in same state and a few hour drive from each other. Just thinking 🤔
Ok serious comment, not just wishful thinking - I’ve heard from some recent interviewees that there are whispers of a Houston base being planned potentially before the end of the year. Yes, this is rumor but this time it’s coming from someone who doesn’t live in Houston and merely wishing it could happen.
Quote: Ok serious comment, not just wishful thinking - I’ve heard from some recent interviewees that there are whispers of a Houston base being planned potentially before the end of the year. Yes, this is rumor but this time it’s coming from someone who doesn’t live in Houston and merely wishing it could happen.
Anything is possible. They’d have to build it up pretty quick by end of year if that was the case . Only 1-4 daily flights as opposed to CVG around 9 daily and increasing and CLE 11-13 daily and increasing
Quote: Ok serious comment, not just wishful thinking - I’ve heard from some recent interviewees that there are whispers of a Houston base being planned potentially before the end of the year. Yes, this is rumor but this time it’s coming from someone who doesn’t live in Houston and merely wishing it could happen.
yeah Bloomington and Omaha are next on the list too.
Historically, a base has needed 20-ish direct flights to other cities as Step-1 before consideration for base. It has also needed on-site local Airbus maintenance talent, contractor or otherwise, and hangar space for overnight maintenance or maintenance while bad weather existed.

A large number of TDY/RON/overnights in that location was also a consideration, as this cost the company alot of money.

IAH has 6 cities served by Frontier
HOU has 3 cities.

CLE and CVG each have 11 or 12 cities

so...
Quote: ...and hangar space for overnight maintenance or maintenance while bad weather existed.

so...
Can you enlighten me about our hangar space at LAS, PHX, DFW, MIA, and ATL? I know MCO is forthcoming...
People keep mentioning hotel costs... Yet our flight attendants (4-5 per pairing) have 3-4 day trips. So why is the company only focusing on 1-2 day pairings for pilots?
Quote: People keep mentioning hotel costs... Yet our flight attendants (4-5 per pairing) have 3-4 day trips. So why is the company only focusing on 1-2 day pairings for pilots?
What we were told in training was that is shorter trips are for maintenance purposes. They are trying to bring back aircraft to larger MX bases because of lack of maintenance/staffing in outstations. Hard to believe it isn't more about saving on crew hotel costs though...
Quote: What we were told in training was that is shorter trips are for maintenance purposes. They are trying to bring back aircraft to larger MX bases because of lack of maintenance/staffing in outstations. Hard to believe it isn't more about saving on crew hotel costs though...
That reason is completely unrelated to pilot routing/bases. I’ve heard it before, and it doesn’t make any sense.
Quote: Can you enlighten me about our hangar space at LAS, PHX, DFW, MIA, and ATL? I know MCO is forthcoming...
hangar space / "pads" apron parking

need place to store tow bars, tool sets, wheel and tire assemblies, parts, etc.

offices for mechanics

enclosed hangar preferred
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 13
Go to