Notices

Contract 2023

Old 02-23-2023, 02:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Default Contract 2023

With negotiations opening soon and phone interviews starting I thought it would be good to start a thread about improvements our pilots are looking for in the next contract. Delta made massive gains with 321 NEO’s paying $400 per hour, 18% 401k, and 18 hour call out for reserve pilots.

Things I personally think need to be addressed.

Pay, 401k, LTD

QOL improvements I would like to see, profit sharing, holiday pay, improved training pay, red eye override, international pay/ customs pay, improved reassignment language, 200% premium and a new system that benefits the entire pilot group, not a select 5-10 pilots, 15 days off for reserve pilots, improved reserve rules, 5:15 calendar day, additional add pay for extensions/ long duty days, a 5th week of vacation, positive space commuting near holidays, additional $20 per duty period to cover not having crew meals, uniform allowance (our shirts are supposed to be white, not yellow), real sleep rooms, change sick time to personal time so the company can’t come after you for using it for your dead dog, sick buy back at end of year for premium pay.

1.25% over 82 is something we need to keep.

As BB said “our pilots out earn Delta pilots”. Let’s hold him to that in this round of negotiations!
Old 02-23-2023, 02:11 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2018

What is 5:15 calendar day? Sorry, new here. Trying to learn.
Old 02-23-2023, 02:26 PM
Lives in Base

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by Waitrose View Post
5hr 15min pay per calendar day worked, minimum. Reserve days need to be tied to this too; or 5 hours for reserve. 15 or 16 off in a 30/31 day month.
Old 02-23-2023, 02:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Planedrive View Post
With negotiations opening soon and phone interviews starting I thought it would be good to start a thread about improvements our pilots are looking for in the next contract. Delta made massive gains with 321 NEO’s paying $400 per hour, 18% 401k, and 18 hour call out for reserve pilots.

Things I personally think need to be addressed.

Pay, 401k, LTD

QOL improvements I would like to see, profit sharing, holiday pay, improved training pay, red eye override, international pay/ customs pay, improved reassignment language, 200% premium and a new system that benefits the entire pilot group, not a select 5-10 pilots, 15 days off for reserve pilots, improved reserve rules, 5:15 calendar day, additional add pay for extensions/ long duty days, a 5th week of vacation, positive space commuting near holidays, additional $20 per duty period to cover not having crew meals, uniform allowance (our shirts are supposed to be white, not yellow), real sleep rooms, change sick time to personal time so the company can’t come after you for using it for your dead dog, sick buy back at end of year for premium pay.

1.25% over 82 is something we need to keep.

As BB said “our pilots out earn Delta pilots”. Let’s hold him to that in this round of negotiations!
I like your list however what do they buy your sick
time back at? Premium based on what credit? If you’re suggesting make sick worth the 515 that’s a give.

I wouldn’t be completely opposed to pto language however I would rather see sick stay current book and the DL min calendar credit for sec 19’s. They just got that and it should put and end to those. The ability to Increase vac days with pto would be more of an ability worth having than using for sick imo. But again a credit would need to be assigned to pto.

Last edited by fcoolaiddrinker; 02-23-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2023, 03:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

For the life of me I can’t figure out why pilots are so smart and so dense at the same time. You do realize that plastering what you want gives the company the true max line. They know they don’t need to reach that because if you say 380 they know 375 would still be a yes. But you know why not bargain in public
Old 02-23-2023, 03:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by Gary et al View Post
For the life of me I can’t figure out why pilots are so smart and so dense at the same time. You do realize that plastering what you want gives the company the true max line. They know they don’t need to reach that because if you say 380 they know 375 would still be a yes. But you know why not bargain in public
I get what you're saying but then where to we have a discussion about this? I don't think the things we are after are a big secret. They have their "max line" and ours will be decided with a vote. If it doesn't meet our expectations we vote no. Maybe I'm slow but this doesn't appear to me that we need to play it like Texas Hold'em.
Old 02-23-2023, 04:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA

I really don't think "negotiating in public" is as dangerous and stupid as some say. And are about to say.

Let's be real. We pattern bargain off of other airlines contracts. Thank God we are late in in the cycle and get to look up to Delta to set the bar. If our contract was up first and we had to raise the bar for the rest of the industry.... lol

At this time Alaska, Delta, JetBlue, Hawaiian and technically Spirit have reached new contracts. Hopefully United, AA and Southwest reach new deals soon. If that happens we will be the last one in the industry to get a deal. The bar will very clearly have been set. I really don't think us discussing it here is somehow going to give away secrets to management.

I say we should have a robust discussion and I hope people feel comfortable asking questions. Everyone can learn something. And some can learn a lot.

I did receive the phone survey. I will give the union credit that it seemed to ask all the right questions. I felt that my desires were heard.
Old 02-23-2023, 04:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA

Originally Posted by Waitrose View Post
First of all, we currently have a minimum pay per duty period, not per calendar day. This is key.

If you get a 3 day trip that has a long layover and only operates on day 1 and day 3, it'll only pay 10 hours and not 15 hours.

This was one of the big things we couldn't get in the last contract
Old 02-23-2023, 04:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2022

We will see bonuses increased to 200k before we see a new contract
Old 02-23-2023, 05:20 PM
Almost there

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by Buspilot99 View Post
We will see bonuses increased to 200k before we see a new contract
Then we should have plenty of time to have our wants and needs ironed out.