cidade de deus (city of god)
fight club
predator 2
the big lebowski
the shawshank redemption
Old 07-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007

For flying movies I'll second "The Aviator", add Hugh's "Hell's Angels", "The Battle of Britain", "Only Angels Have Wings" (it's all toy airplanes, but a great, corney movie), "The Flight of the Phoenix" (the original, with Jimmy Stewart), "Flight From Glory" and "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines".

Others seen recently and enjoyed:

"The Burmese Harp"
"Army of Shadows"
"Shattered Glass"

and a few thousand others...
Old 07-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Red face

Is the flight of the Phoenix the one where his plane gets stuck in the desert? If it is, I only meant to watch a little bit of that one b/c I didn't feel like watching TV at the time, but I ended up getting sucked into it until it ended...

I'll agree on that one, but I don't think the Aviator was all that it was cracked up to be...I guess it was a little too long with not enough action scenes...
Old 07-04-2007, 12:22 PM

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

Originally Posted by the King View Post
Cubdriver: Seriously, Executive Decision? I had a real problem with that one. The gear warning horn goes off for like 5 minutes before Kurt Russell realizes it. It annoyed me. That and the "Stealth" 117 that held the team.
No, not that seriously. Hollywood is never to be taken seriously IMHO. But if you down an entire bottle of wine after a week of work it is ok.

Some time ago I bought a high-definition dvd projector. Movies are really nice in projection, it makes everything huge. "One Six Right; The Joy of Flying" is a great high-def piece. Other titles I like are by Werner Herzog, but taken as art rather than entertainment. Werner Herzog is a genious. Find a copy of "Little Dieter Needs to Fly" or "Fata Morgana" if you want something a little deep.

Last edited by Cubdriver; 07-04-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: CRJ900

Originally Posted by PLTwnab View Post
Haha...I'm a girl so I can testify...I'm pretty sure it's cuz of the blond in that movie He could put any girl in the mood j/k...seriously tho, I know of a lot of guys who really like that movie...they're just all afraid to admit it...but it sure sounds like you like it

No complaints here she can think of whoever she wants lol. Wasnt a bad movie though had its moments. The movie may also be a curse though as were no longer seeing each other....lol go figure.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: JS32 FO

I went and saw Transformers and loved it. Do your homework before you go, and just know going in that its a action movie.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by PLTwnab View Post
Is the flight of the Phoenix the one where his plane gets stuck in the desert? If it is, I only meant to watch a little bit of that one b/c I didn't feel like watching TV at the time, but I ended up getting sucked into it until it ended...

I'll agree on that one, but I don't think the Aviator was all that it was cracked up to be...I guess it was a little too long with not enough action scenes...
Yep, that was "Phoenix". It's one of those movies that, if I'm flipping through channels looking for something, and it's on, I almost always watch it.

Just watched my Father's Day gift, "The Last King of Scotland", last night. Great movie, but a couple of VERY gruesome scenes in it.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Thank-you for Smoking is a must see.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Citation Captain

Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
Thank-you for Smoking is a must see.
^^^^^^GOOD ONE!^^^^^

Me myself for aviation movies would have to go with Iron Eagle!!

Love Super Troopers!
Any of the Tom Clancy books to movies.
I also grew up watching Platoon THANKS DAD!!

TV=Entourage (if I could only live that way)
Old 07-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: 737 CA

Airplane/flying movies:

Always, airplane, zero hour, airport 70/75/77/79, the aviator, ceiling zero, cloud dancer, the great waldo pepper, no highway in the sky, the spirit of st. louis, those magnificent men and their flying machines, wings of courage, fate is the hunter, flight of the phoenix (new and old ones), the great santini, blue max, dawn patrol, the eagle and the hawk, hells angels, lafayette escadrille, flyboys, wings (best picture award), bat 21, bombers b52, the bridges of toko ri, flight of the intruder, iron eage series, jet pilot, the mccommel story, red flag: the ultimate game, stategic air command, top gun, the hunters, 12 oclock high, 30 seconds over tokyo, 633 squadron, above and beyond, airforce, a wing and a prayer, a yank in the RAF, battle of britain, captains of the clouds, commmand decision, dive bomber, devil dogs of the air, flight command, flying tigers, flying leather necks, fighter attack, fighter squadron, a guy named joe, the high and the mighty, island in the sky, i wanted wings, midway, murphy's war, memphis belle, pearl harbor, the pilot, seven came through, tora, tora, tora, tuskegee airmen, test pilot, wings of eagles, war lover, wild blue yonder, and more.

I have most all of these on video.