Ce-500 ----->>> ce-525

Subscribe
I currently hold a CE-500 (Bravo) Type Rating. If I were to go to school for a CE-525 Type, is that a FULL school, or is it a shortened course?

I understand that it has more power, more speed, newer avionics etc. I am 6'3. Is the cockpit any larger??
Quote: I currently hold a CE-500 (Bravo) Type Rating. If I were to go to school for a CE-525 Type, is that a FULL school, or is it a shortened course?

I understand that it has more power, more speed, newer avionics etc. I am 6'3. Is the cockpit any larger??
Straight CJ or a 2+/3?

15 years ago, FSI offered a short course but HIGHLY discouraged people from doing it.

A CE500-typed buddy did Arizona Type Ratings for a CE525S ride in the jet, took him like 3 days.

The CJ2+ cockpit wasn't really any larger than the II.
Thanks for the info. I am sorry, but I can't answer your question on the exact model. Company has one and is acquiring a second so they need bodies.
And, does the FO need a Type or SIC Type to fly the 525?
Come get your CJ-3 type with us.
Quote: And, does the FO need a Type or SIC Type to fly the 525?
All our First Officers are PIC typed, but we are not Single Pilot typed. You could come to flyExclusive and fly either jet. We just signed a $330 Million deal with Textron for new CJ-3+s.
Quote: And, does the FO need a Type or SIC Type to fly the 525?
61.55 seems to say that no type is required as long as you remain in the CONUS and 135.243 requires very basic instrument currency to sit right seat. Based on the forum, I assume you're flying primarily 135?
Look up the PJP group on Facebook. There are also a couple of Citation specific groups on there too.
Good Advice, Sonic..
Quote: Look up the PJP group on Facebook. There are also a couple of Citation specific groups on there too.
Good advice, Sonic..

PJP is a fun group for sure.