LAX base

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
How long to hold LAX out of training? Which aircraft is more junior in la?
I talked with one of the DFW 787 captains at Women in Aviation and he said that it's a senior base. Not sure the number of months, though.
Quote: I talked with one of the DFW 787 captains at Women in Aviation and he said that it's a senior base. Not sure the number of months, though.
I wouldn't use a DFW 787 captain as the most up-to-date source of information.
LAX can be got fairly quickly it’s just extremely stagnant during construction of the terminal
737= 11/2/22 hire
320= 9/14/22 hire
Has the LA base always had lines out of SAN?
Quote: Has the LA base always had lines out of SAN?
we don’t bid lines. But yes, there have been 737 trips that start and end in SAN for a long time now
Quote: we don’t bid lines. But yes, there have been 737 trips that start and end in SAN for a long time now
How long does it take to get reserve or trips out of SAN?
Quote: How long does it take to get reserve or trips out of SAN?
LAX, SAN, ONT and SNA are all a co terminal base. You can proffer for a trip out of any of those airports while being based at LAX. unlike aggressive pick up at UA it's not a trip that you pick the day before you start. Proffer can be completely ignored by crew scheduling if they so choose. Our bucket system can also make preferring a bit more complicated with all the different "groups" in the reserve buckets depending on days available and time already flown that month.

Same in MIA/FLL/PBI and LGA/EWR/JFK.
Quote: LAX, SAN, ONT and SNA are all a co terminal base. You can proffer for a trip out of any of those airports while being based at LAX. unlike aggressive pick up at UA it's not a trip that you pick the day before you start. Proffer can be completely ignored by crew scheduling if they so choose. Our bucket system can also make preferring a bit more complicated with all the different "groups" in the reserve buckets depending on days available and time already flown that month.

Same in MIA/FLL/PBI and LGA/EWR/JFK.
Just a nitpick, SAN isn’t co terminal with LAX, it’s a satellite only available on the 737. I’m not on the 737, so I cant tell you what the SAN satellite designation actually does in practice, but its a different LOA.

On the 320, we cover LAX/ONT/SNA and LGB. Realistically, 90% of the 320 flying is out of LAX, and the reminder is out of ONT. the other 2 airports can basically be ignored. SNA trips are very rare and go senior on the bus, and LGB doesn’t receive any AA service.

I think the 737 is the same except you swap the SNA/ONT ratios and add the SAN options.

LAX wide bodies (if you are ever senior enough to hold them) technically cover all the airports but only ever touch LAX.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to