First Car?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to
Quote: You swapped your digits there
Which ones? 0-12 in 60 seconds?
"40 Ford coupe rust bucket, 444 track rear end. My mom stiched up a zebra interior, had to swat the chicks away.
First car was a '61 Fiat 1100 sedan that I bought from a neighbor for $150. Had a 4 on the tree shifter and suicide doors. Kept it for a year until my dad got tired of fixing it every weekend, then sold it and bought a MUCH more reliable '71 Pinto for $250.
Quote: First car.. Opel GT...
Mine was a 1975 Manta. Bought it with a cracked head, got another from a junkyard and did the valve lapping myself. Clearance specs were in the owner’s manual. Now they tell you ‘don’t drink the battery’.

I wanted the GT.
1986 Chevy Cavalier…. Had almost 300k miles when it finally quit. Leaked EVERY fluid you put into it. Had a case of oil, transmission fluid, coolant, even windshield washer fluid in the hatchback.
First car was 1981 Chevy Cavalier hatchback, 4 speed . Shifting was such a pain on all the hills around Pittsburgh, LOL. My brother let me drive his 79’ Trans Am every now and then … Ahhh , the good ole days driving around blasting Journey on the radio and dreaming of flying for USAir one day . Gas was like 80 cents a gallon and we had a great president . Gee , what happened ?
Quote: 1981 Buick Lesabre Diesel. 0-60 in about 12 seconds.
i dream of glow plugs. Or is it a nighmare?
Quote: First car was 1981 Chevy Cavalier hatchback, 4 speed . Shifting was such a pain on all the hills around Pittsburgh, LOL. My brother let me drive his 79’ Trans Am every now and then … Ahhh , the good ole days driving around blasting Journey on the radio and dreaming of flying for USAir one day . Gas was like 80 cents a gallon and we had a great president . Gee , what happened ?
Haha, donchaknow everyone's oppressed and we have all the privilege?

Giving up 2 of my 3 security questions. 1971 convertible made by GM with 350 V8.

A guy wanted to restore it, and I didn't have the means to restore it at the time so I figured what the hell and sold it to him.

Then I bought the SUV recommended #1 by O.J. Simpson. I'm bad at public math but I think I went from 350 cubic inches to 351 and 10 mpg to 9 mpg.

Didn't care. The gas stations on the corner were tripping over each other to see who could sell gasoline for closest to $.67 / gallon.
71 baja beetle with rust holes in the floor pan. Most fun I’ve ever had in a car
77 Toyota hilux long bed 2wd. FACTORY air conditioning. Had to shut it off to get going. Ice cold. I'm sure it's conversion back to dust is now complete.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to