CA upgrade and WB

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Assuming senior enough to barely hold either NB CA or WB FO in MIA which would be preferred. Or would sitting at 17% as a NB FO offer a better quality of life? Caveats are living in Ft. Lauderdale with middle school kids.
NB CA is not the boogeyman people make it out to be. I commute to LCR and have pretty good QOL…living in base sitting reserve would be a freaking breeze. And you’ll make more money than as a Jr WB FO. Now, WB FO might work less overall though.
Quote: You will be able to upgrade long before holding WB FO.
The difference in 320 CA and 777 FO is roughly 600 seniority.
Quote: The difference in 320 CA and 777 FO is roughly 600 seniority.
almost 900 is the difference in June
Quote: Assuming senior enough to barely hold either NB CA or WB FO in MIA which would be preferred. Or would sitting at 17% as a NB FO offer a better quality of life? Caveats are living in Ft. Lauderdale with middle school kids.
Widebody FO. There are a lot of group 4 FOs who were group 2 CAs and upgraded.
Quote: almost 900 is the difference in June
You’re probably right, I didn’t look at the summer. Either way I’ll be coming off a leave of absence able to bid either unless something catastrophic happens and I’m trying to get a feel for what’s desirable.
Quote: You’re probably right, I didn’t look at the summer. Either way I’ll be coming off a leave of absence able to bid either unless something catastrophic happens and I’m trying to get a feel for what’s desirable.
Personal preference…you’ll likely be on reserve either way. As a NB CA you’ll work more but make more money. WB FO, work less make less.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to