Decision time

Subscribe
I am at an another regional as a First Officer and have the ability to upgrade and I also meet the DEC at air whiskey. If I stay where I am now I will be on reserve for a long time but it’s a modern airplane that I am familiar with. I’m considering going to air whiskey of course for the money but maybe a change of scenery. If I stay where I am I will be in and out of a certain ny airport that used to have a crappy terminal but it’s nice now. I will have to commute regardless of where I go and if I stay where I am I will be based more than likely Boston.
should I give air whiskey a chance?
Quote: I am at an another regional as a First Officer and have the ability to upgrade and I also meet the DEC at air whiskey. If I stay where I am now I will be on reserve for a long time but it’s a modern airplane that I am familiar with. I’m considering going to air whiskey of course for the money but maybe a change of scenery. If I stay where I am I will be in and out of a certain ny airport that used to have a crappy terminal but it’s nice now. I will have to commute regardless of where I go and if I stay where I am I will be based more than likely Boston.
don’t take this the wrong way, but why not move up from the regionals?
Quote: I am at an another regional as a First Officer and have the ability to upgrade and I also meet the DEC at air whiskey. If I stay where I am now I will be on reserve for a long time but it’s a modern airplane that I am familiar with. I’m considering going to air whiskey of course for the money but maybe a change of scenery. If I stay where I am I will be in and out of a certain ny airport that used to have a crappy terminal but it’s nice now. I will have to commute regardless of where I go and if I stay where I am I will be based more than likely Boston.
Would you commute? Right now ORD is fairly senior. As for DECs, anywhere you go,
You’ll be on RSV a while.
Quote: Would you commute? Right now ORD is fairly senior. As for DECs, anywhere you go,
You’ll be on RSV a while.
how are the rsv rules? Seems like they need captains and I would be flying a lot. I haven’t gotten any response after my interview so I maybe wasting my time playing the what if game!!
Quote: how are the rsv rules? Seems like they need captains and I would be flying a lot. I haven’t gotten any response after my interview so I maybe wasting my time playing the what if game!!
gonna say the same thing as another user. Them not getting back to you is doing you a favor.

why not throw your apps into a LCC or just upgrade where you are. In today's hiring environment, making a lateral move is not a very smart decision.
Quote: gonna say the same thing as another user. Them not getting back to you is doing you a favor.

why not throw your apps into a LCC or just upgrade where you are. In today's hiring environment, making a lateral move is not a very smart decision.
yeah, I have decided to upgrade where I am. Thanks for the insight.
Stay at Republic and keep flying the 175. The 175 is way better than the CRJ200. Also a better airline with a better chance of staying in business.
Quote: Stay at Republic and keep flying the 175. The 175 is way better than the CRJ200. Also a better airline with a better chance of staying in business.
yeah, I’m starting to see that. Thanks for the insight.