Sunset Aviation - Northern Cal

Subscribe
Hi there,

These guys are a rather fast growing King Air and Citation operation in Marin County, CA. I wanted to find out if anyone has experiences to report. They contacted me last week for a telephone interview and then afterward asked if I was available to come out for a visit.

Any insights to how well run they are or how they treat pilots would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Walt
Where are they located? I wouldn't mind checking them out. I don't know anything about them but I will keep my ears open.
http://www.sunsetaviation.com

They don't seem to be very organized. I have a good friend with multiple citation types. She interviewed, and opted to stay as a contract pilot as opposed to full time (she didn't want to move to be within pager range). They dragged their feet for more than two months with no contact. Every time she made contact, it was like starting all over. She has yet to get a check with a check airman.

Perhaps if you are full time, it would be better, but the experience I saw was pretty disorganized.

Your results many vary.
Had a buddy that worked for them in the B200/B300 it was 5 days and 2 days off outta Sacramento working 12 hour shifts starting at 50k then to 55k in six months. With potential to move into the beechjet or citation. They manage a/c only last I heard. The 135 I flew for did alot of work supplementing them running organ harvest teams at 2-3 in the morning. My buddy liked them just didn't stay cuz he had to commute to SAC
Anybody know what their Mins are? I am looking to move out West...Maybe it would be a good place to start?

D
Does anyone know if I wanted to move to Sacramento, if Sunset is based there and I could live in SMF?
They do base in Sacramento. But the pay is terrible ( 50K on the King Air ) and there are only 9 guaranteed days off a month. I want to see someone make it in California on 50 K
Iron,
Is that pay for F.O. or the CA. .And do you know if they would hire direct entry captains with say over 1000 king air time? Thanks

XtremeF150
A buddy of mine has been there for 6 or so months and says he loves it - says its one of the better outfits he's flown with. They started him higher due to his expereince and he averages about 15 days off a month. He said the hiring process was organized and proficient but a bit slow. For what its worth...