SJU base

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: I really don’t think the company sits in the crystal palace wringing their hands and having a meeting of how to ruin pilots lives. They’re just looking to keep the ship afloat imo and trying new strategies.
That's even more alarming then. If they make massive strategic swings and don't realize how that ruins people's lives, then they care even less than I thought.
Quote: That's even more alarming then. If they make massive strategic swings and don't realize how that ruins people's lives, then they care even less than I thought.
Maybe in the current environment it is. But not to sound like the old guy I am. Companies really don’t give a crap about you, they may say they do like the googles with their campuses etc. but at the end of the day it’s all about turning a profit. What do you think the big 3 will do if the profits stop ? They’re gonna start cutting costs and maybe that means bases and jobs.

I really have to hide my smirk when I fly with a 23 yo that tells me about the 45 year career they are embarking on. They just haven’t tasted one of life’s sh1t sandwiches yet.
Quote: I really have to hide my smirk when I fly with a 23 yo that tells me about the 45 year career they are embarking on. They just haven’t tasted one of life’s sh1t sandwiches yet.
Where is the "like" button on this thing???

The is the God's-honest truth. They are still just kids - they really don't know what they don't know.
Quote: Where is the "like" button on this thing???

The is the God's-honest truth. They are still just kids - they really don't know what they don't know.

😂 agreed, and trying to share insights on things not trying to be a jerk but just a little more insight of what will eventually happen falls on deaf ears.
Quote: I really have to hide my smirk when I fly with a 23 yo that tells me about the 45 year career they are embarking on. They just haven’t tasted one of life’s sh1t sandwiches yet.
Shocking lack of self-awareness on their behalf. As one of those twenty-somethings I shut up about anything career related unless asked. I wouldn't blame a captain reaching for the crash axe if I pontificated about how great my career prospects are at the moment.
Quote: Where is the "like" button on this thing???

++++++++1 ^^^^^^
Things haven’t seemed this bleak since January 2021. And we all know what happened soon after
Quote: Things haven’t seemed this bleak since January 2021. And we all know what happened soon after
…What happened soon after?

If you mean ORD closing and the Spirit announcement, that was 2022.
Quote: …What happened soon after?

If you mean ORD closing and the Spirit announcement, that was 2022.
Because everything since then has been sunshine and rainbows and a great time to be an F9 pilot, right?
Quote: Because everything since then has been sunshine and rainbows and a great time to be an F9 pilot, right?
if you don’t work here anymore, why do you care or post on F9? Miss us?
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to