Dequal

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Recently I was back in training for a PC. In classic F9 form, I had no sim instructor for one of the days. So, I did my EET session, but no PC. So, now if they don't schedule me in January I dequal in February. Normally, I would be happy to take a paycheck and sit around at home, but would that dequal show on my PRIA?
Quote: Recently I was back in training for a PC. In classic F9 form, I had no sim instructor for one of the days. So, I did my EET session, but no PC. So, now if they don't schedule me in January I dequal in February. Normally, I would be happy to take a paycheck and sit around at home, but would that dequal show on my PRIA?
No doesn’t show on PRIA like a training failure would dequal. Think of it more like if you go on leave and need to requal to be current.
Quote: Recently I was back in training for a PC. In classic F9 form, I had no sim instructor for one of the days. So, I did my EET session, but no PC. So, now if they don't schedule me in January I dequal in February. Normally, I would be happy to take a paycheck and sit around at home, but would that dequal show on my PRIA?
Yep, you're screwed.

Happy Holidays.

jk
So, it sounds like something I still have to explain even if it's not a failure.
Quote: So, it sounds like something I still have to explain even if it's not a failure.
well, maybe

but usually the question is "Have you had any checkride, FAA or company, failures?" which does not apply in this case.

Big-3 guys will go landings non-current and thus "dequal" then just wait 3 months and sit on paid vacation until training department notices
Quote: well, maybe

but usually the question is "Have you had any checkride, FAA or company, failures?" which does not apply in this case.

Big-3 guys will go landings non-current and thus "dequal" then just wait 3 months and sit on paid vacation until training department notices
That's correct. It is not a checkride (or other poor performance related) dequal. Dequals happen for extended LOAs, etc. It's really not that big of a deal.
All right. Thanks.

My confidence in F9 getting the PC scheduled in time is low.
Quote: All right. Thanks.

Enjoy your vacation. Don't even pick up the phone or "help people connect with each other"

some day they will run training with more than sticky notes and colored highlighters
Quote: All right. Thanks.

I had a similar issue over the summer. Long and the short of it, they were more on top of it than I would’ve given them credit. The bigger issue was simulator/instructor/partner availability and a surprising amount of backlog.

They had a last minute sick call, and the next thing I knew, I was displaced from my trip and in Denver.

Like others are saying though. I just kept my mouth shut and wanted to see how far down the rabbit hole this went.
Quote: I had a similar issue over the summer. Long and the short of it, they were more on top of it than I would’ve given them credit. The bigger issue was simulator/instructor/partner availability and a surprising amount of backlog.

They had a last minute sick call, and the next thing I knew, I was displaced from my trip and in Denver.

Like others are saying though. I just kept my mouth shut and wanted to see how far down the rabbit hole this went.
You had 5 days of notice though right?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to