"You have a type, apply to a legacy"

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I don't even have any 121 time yet, I'm restricted ATP at 1250 with an A320 type rating. Currently I'm signed up for a class date at a ULCC. I've been told by a few other people older in the industry to just apply to a legacy such as United.
United is a long term goal for me, and I'm always hungry for resonsibility and opportunity. They have a base at MCO which is where I'd like to be.

Is this a serious thing? Would United really look twice at a guy with a 2 year degree, no 121 time, and a type rating?
Quote: I don't even have any 121 time yet, I'm restricted ATP at 1250 with an A320 type rating. Currently I'm signed up for a class date at a ULCC. I've been told by a few other people older in the industry to just apply to a legacy such as United.
United is a long term goal for me, and I'm always hungry for resonsibility and opportunity. They have a base at MCO which is where I'd like to be.

Is this a serious thing? Would United really look twice at a guy with a 2 year degree, no 121 time, and a type rating?
never hurts to apply.
Quote: never hurts to apply.
This was ringing in my head the whole time I was typing this, I suppose I was curious if anyone heard/knew of anyone who did something similar. I'm just dipping my toes into this industry, after working as a flight instructor doing stage checks at a 141 college this past year.
Quote: I don't even have any 121 time yet, I'm restricted ATP at 1250 with an A320 type rating. Currently I'm signed up for a class date at a ULCC. I've been told by a few other people older in the industry to just apply to a legacy such as United.

Apply once you have a unrestricted ATP in hand....

You've posted the same stuff in several threads and now started a new one. Not sure where the type rating comes from with no 121, 1250TT, and most recently flight instructing, but probably a moot point. As someone else said, submit your application and keep it updated. Not sure what you're looking for on here - do you have a chance? Everyone who meets MIN QUALIFICATIONS does. Without knowing your actual experience and "extra curriculars" it's difficult to assess your chance. I'd say you'd be at the bottom of the stack at this point, but why let that prevent you from submitting an application?
Quote:
No, but after a few years at the ULCC, that’s not all you’ll be.
The airline I work for does like to see an applicant who has passed 121 training or military pilots. Non 121 jet is okay though they look for more hours.
Not a deal breaker, but they don't want someone who washes out during training.
Which does not mean you should not apply, just be realistic.

you wont be able to apply. United does not accept restricted ATP's. AQP training program is not currently designed for it. You will stall out on application when you get to the point of being asked unrestricted ATP.
Thanks everyone for the insights.
Quote: No, but after a few years at the ULCC, that’s not all you’ll be.
More like a few MONTHS at an ULCC:-) Heck....maybe even fresh off IOE!
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to