Commute or Regional in base?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Strongly agree. Commuting and living in base are two WILDLY different lives. Live if base if at all possible. It will give you more time at home and a much better QOL. I know that PSA has a DCA base, but several of United's carriers can get you based out of IAD, although I have no clue how junior that is. That being said, don't burn your current bridge (F9) until you have a prettier and better bridge to walk across.

Edit: A 320 type is a really attractive thing, and it is. But, I have my doubts on whether it's worth commuting for. There's also the argument for "where do you wanna be if things stop?". Legacies are slowing a touch (DAL), but not enough to impact everything. Aggresively pursue the CJOs elsewhere so you have options. THEN you can make the choice.
Heres something to consider. Take job at F9 and get type and 100 plus hours. Do not spend the bonus. See how commuting works for you. It will suck. Then if PSA or whoever that has DCA base calls, make the decision. Living in base is the only way I can do this job which is why I stayed here. - oh and maybe the culture 😜
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to