FAA Aviation Saftey Inspector, OTS Hiring

Subscribe
Hey, I'm interested in possibly working for the FAA as an ASI.

Just wondering if anyone recently went through the process to become an Aviation Safety Inspector. That can shed some light on the process and the on-the-spot hiring process. Steps involved how long does it take from contacting the local FSDO until you where able to get an interview and the steps after that until you start or receive a job offer?
Quote: Hey, I'm interested in possibly working for the FAA as an ASI.

Just wondering if anyone recently went through the process to become an Aviation Safety Inspector. That can shed some light on the process and the on-the-spot hiring process. Steps involved how long does it take from contacting the local FSDO until you where able to get an interview and the steps after that until you start or receive a job offer?
It will vary wildly based on the office you apply to and how badly they need an OPS person (which it sounds like many do). I've heard as short as a couple of months from first application to EOD. The only major thing that will slow your FOL and EOD down would be scheduling the flight check (which is basically a commercial multi/instrument check in a PA-44-180) in AFW.

Steps involved in OTS would be contact the office manager (or anyone in the office that can get you to them) and ask them about their current staffing, discuss your qualifications and if they're interested, send in your packet (they'll tell you what you need to send).