Piedmont Hiring 2024

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Can you explain the "bad work rules" to me?
Quote: Any word on if Piedmont is currently hiring FOs? Just shy of R-ATP mins (~950 hrs) and update my app regularly on Airline Apps, but have yet to hear anything back
The training department is getting told to prepare for 500 pilots per year (we only have 700)
Quote: Any word on if Piedmont is currently hiring FOs? Just shy of R-ATP mins (~950 hrs) and update my app regularly on Airline Apps, but have yet to hear anything back
Quote: Any reason NOT to go to Piedmont? Apparently the regionals aren't really hiring 1500 hour FOs right now so if they still are it might be one's only choice for a while.
If you plan on staying at a regional for a long time, or trying to work as little as possible (we do work a lot, min days off 12), or don’t want to fly an airplane that makes you a better pilot, then Piedmont maybe shouldn’t be your first choice.
Quote: Is it possible to get CLT out of training?
probably 2-6 months, just a guess
Quote: Can you explain the "bad work rules" to me?
12 days off minimum, the bottom half of the lines have only 12 off, even the top ones are only 14 off. That’s mainly because we do shorter legs, nothing much over 2 hours, so are days are inefficient, which results in working mores days per month.
No trip, duty, or sit rig, one would be nice.
At least we have a minimum credit of 4 hours per day.
Quote: If you plan on staying at a regional for a long time, or trying to work as little as possible (we do work a lot, min days off 12), or don’t want to fly an airplane that makes you a better pilot, then Piedmont maybe shouldn’t be your first choice.
It isn't my first choice by a long shot but no one is hiring 1500 hour FOs at the moment.
Quote: probably 2-6 months, just a guess
Where would one end up in the interim?
Quote: Where would one end up in the interim?
3 crew bases. CLT is senior. That leaves PHL and MDT, which are about 2.5 hours drive from each other. Seems like most are going to PHL as junior FOs.
Quote: 3 crew bases. CLT is senior. That leaves PHL and MDT, which are about 2.5 hours drive from each other. Seems like most are going to PHL as junior FOs.
What is commuting like to PHL while one can't hold CLT?
Quote: What is commuting like to PHL while one can't hold CLT?
It's an AA hub, so if you're flying in from an airport with a lot of flights to PHL it may be doable but you'd probably still need a crashpad.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to