MSP FO 737 vs 320

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: I can't speak for the 320, as I'm on the 73N in MSP, but I have noticed several FAR 30 hour layovers in the bid packets. Granted that could change by the time you hold a line.
That's great to know, thanks. So can I get your opinion on whether that's something I should attempt to do? Will trying to get a 30 hour layover at home cause me to take worse trips in the long run and spend just as much time working anyway? I'd love as much time at home as possible but if I take a 5 day trip with a day at home vs a 4 day trip for the same credit, it all comes out in the wash right?
Quote: That's great to know, thanks. So can I get your opinion on whether that's something I should attempt to do? Will trying to get a 30 hour layover at home cause me to take worse trips in the long run and spend just as much time working anyway? I'd love as much time at home as possible but if I take a 5 day trip with a day at home vs a 4 day trip for the same credit, it all comes out in the wash right?
I think the implication is that equipment rotations to outstations are subject to change at any time, so don't build a bid strategy around it. For example, tonight (02/29) it's one 738 and one 739 scheduled to RON in FAR (so 73N category) but Network could drop a 320/321 in its place in a future schedule change for any number of reasons. Particularly for outstation "parking lots" in the first tier from the hub where the plane arrives late evening and departs early morning (hence the 30 hour layover) and they have the frame back in the hub relatively early as well.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to