Commute from Buffalo, NY

Subscribe
Hello,

I'm sorry if this question was posed somewhere else. A quick search of the forums didn't reveal anything. Is there anyone on here who has experience commuting from Buffalo, NY to any of the majors?

In that same vein, is anyone flying for a regional out of Buffalo and willing to share their experience?

Thanks,

-MICM
A quick search shows 2 AA flights to LGA, 4 DL flights to both LGA & JFK and 3 UA to EWR. Currently, JFK & LGA are operated by Republic, EWR showing 1 mainline UA and 2 on Go Jet. Routes, frequency, and operators change over time but if you were to work for Republic, you'd likely have no issue commuting. If you were not with republic, it would likely still be pretty easy to commute, just be aware that priority is usually given to whoever is operating the flight. So, lets say you get hired by Endeavor (Delta), any republic employee would bump you on their metal and regional planes only have 1 flightdeck jumpseat.

I am not a commuter, nor do I live in the BUF area, but my quick search of options would be enough for me to consider it very doable. However, I do not know how many NYC pilots might be living in BUF. YMMV. Hope this helps a bit.
Quote: A quick search shows 2 AA flights to LGA, 4 DL flights to both LGA & JFK and 3 UA to EWR. Currently, JFK & LGA are operated by Republic, EWR showing 1 mainline UA and 2 on Go Jet. Routes, frequency, and operators change over time but if you were to work for Republic, you'd likely have no issue commuting. If you were not with republic, it would likely still be pretty easy to commute, just be aware that priority is usually given to whoever is operating the flight. So, lets say you get hired by Endeavor (Delta), any republic employee would bump you on their metal and regional planes only have 1 flightdeck jumpseat.

I am not a commuter, nor do I live in the BUF area, but my quick search of options would be enough for me to consider it very doable. However, I do not know how many NYC pilots might be living in BUF. YMMV. Hope this helps a bit.
Also if DAL, there is 3 a day to DTW. And DTW is a far closer drive than NYC.
Quote: Also if DAL, there is 3 a day to DTW. And DTW is a far closer drive than NYC.
Totally misread the post... somehow thought he was looking at NYC specifically.
Quote: A quick search shows 2 AA flights to LGA, 4 DL flights to both LGA & JFK and 3 UA to EWR. Currently, JFK & LGA are operated by Republic, EWR showing 1 mainline UA and 2 on Go Jet. Routes, frequency, and operators change over time but if you were to work for Republic, you'd likely have no issue commuting. If you were not with republic, it would likely still be pretty easy to commute, just be aware that priority is usually given to whoever is operating the flight. So, lets say you get hired by Endeavor (Delta), any republic employee would bump you on their metal and regional planes only have 1 flightdeck jumpseat.

It definitely does help! It is great feedback.

Hoping someone can share some first-hand experience doing it, but that info certainly adds a layer of comfort.
In my limited experience commuting into NYC, I found it problematic commuting into a different airport than the one I was going to operate out of. That's an aspect I'd delve into if you can't reliably fly into the airport you need to be at.
Quote: In my limited experience commuting into NYC, I found it problematic commuting into a different airport than the one I was going to operate out of. That's an aspect I'd delve into if you can't reliably fly into the airport you need to be at.
Asking about flying from Buffalo to [insert base here--not necessarily NYC/NJ].