Silver Slips start in March

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 16
Go to
Looks like the SS is being implemented in March. I haven’t seen it in icrew yet. Not sure if they haven’t started designating any or if they just don’t show up until 2 March. Anybody seen them in your category?
I was wondering the same thing. Haven't heard a thing about it.
Quote: Looks like the SS is being implemented in March. I haven’t seen it in icrew yet. Not sure if they haven’t started designating any or if they just don’t show up until 2 March. Anybody seen them in your category?
what is a silver slip ? Is that a trip pick up for pilots over 60 with grey hair ?
Quote: Looks like the SS is being implemented in March. I haven’t seen it in icrew yet. Not sure if they haven’t started designating any or if they just don’t show up until 2 March. Anybody seen them in your category?
Similar to airport standby I don’t see a reason for the company to use them very often. Maybe some holiday periods where it’s historically difficult to get people to take greens slips and they are certain that they won’t have reserves to cover. (Like, Christmas, Thanksgiving and maybe 4th of July).
Quote: Similar to airport standby I don’t see a reason for the company to use them very often. Maybe some holiday periods where it’s historically difficult to get people to take greens slips and they are certain that they won’t have reserves to cover. (Like, Christmas, Thanksgiving and maybe 4th of July).
I'm not so sure. It could turn out to be a green slip killer. And if it is, we could see the seniority of WB B, and even NB A soar this fall when post-summer training dates appear.
Quote: I'm not so sure. It could turn out to be a green slip killer. And if it is, we could see the seniority of WB B, and even NB A soar this fall when post-summer training dates appear.
Seems like greenslips are already dying with us being staffed more correctly lately. We'll see if it lasts though.
Quote: Seems like greenslips are already dying with us being staffed more correctly lately. We'll see if it lasts though.
Agreed. Will be interesting to watch. Premium Reserve paying 7 hours a day too...

Though I have yet to see a VAS personally yet.
Quote: Agreed. Will be interesting to watch. Premium Reserve paying 7 hours a day too...

Though I have yet to see a VAS personally yet.
Like you working them or in general? They've been in OT in multiple categories already. Same as stby rotations
Quote: Like you working them or in general? They've been in OT in multiple categories already. Same as stby rotations
Well, working them, or even seeing one in open time. I'm sure they are there, but they either are few and far between, or snatched up quickly... I've seen accounts of them, just never peronally observed one in the wild... lol
Quote: Well, working them, or even seeing one in open time. I'm sure they are there, but they either are few and far between, or snatched up quickly... I've seen accounts of them, just never peronally observed one in the wild... lol
I've seen a handful. No more than 5 tops and they never linger in OT for long.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 16
Go to