SkyWest or Endeavor for ATL base

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I live 2 hours driving distance from ATL and see both Sky West and Endeavor Air have domiciles in ATL. Which airline would allow a quicker assignment to ATL for a new FO? Thnaks for the input.
This kind of question was more relavent a year ago. Now you go with who ever responds to your application and offers you a start date.
Quote: I live 2 hours driving distance from ATL and see both Sky West and Endeavor Air have domiciles in ATL. Which airline would allow a quicker assignment to ATL for a new FO? Thnaks for the input.
Go with Endeavor if you can. People in my new hire class who wanted ATL got it shortly after OE. SkyWest and an ATL base seems to come and go. With Endeavor being a subsidiary of DL the ATL base will always be there.
Quote: I live 2 hours driving distance from ATL and see both Sky West and Endeavor Air have domiciles in ATL. Which airline would allow a quicker assignment to ATL for a new FO? Thnaks for the input.
Envoy. Commute for like a year and a half and get hired by Delta.
Thanks for the adive all.
...advice.
Quote: Go with Endeavor if you can. People in my new hire class who wanted ATL got it shortly after OE. SkyWest and an ATL base seems to come and go. With Endeavor being a subsidiary of DL the ATL base will always be there.
Comair has entered the chat.
Quote: Envoy. Commute for like a year and a half and get hired by Delta.
This...
But then they will get stuck in JFK, or MSP
I finished OE last October with 9E. Got awarded ATL 2 months after that. Then got a line another month later. The regionals are always volatile, so this may change at a moment's notice.
If you want ATL base, I'm guessing that means you may want to work at Delta in the future. In that case, SkyWest may be the best way to avoid the lengthy flow program and heavy metering going on at Endeavor. Skywest was (is?) metering, but not to the same extent as Endeavor. This would be a big consideration on my part, although we can't predict the future.

Frontier and Southwest also have bases in ATL. I would be trying to get on with them ASAP if possible, and then try to get hired at Delta, if ATL is the long term goal for you.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to