Health Care in the Survey

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Am I the only one who thinks health care needs to be addressed in the new CBA? Lower max oop and lower deductible?
Quote: Am I the only one who thinks health care needs to be addressed in the new CBA? Lower max oop and lower deductible?

yes, and disability too. There is a lot to fix. Pairing construction, in base layovers, average daily credit, RasV pickups above guarantee, VDA overhaul, Blah blah blah
Quote: yes, and disability too. There is a lot to fix. Pairing construction, in base layovers, average daily credit, RasV pickups above guarantee, VDA overhaul, Blah blah blah
With the profitability is important narrative being pushed I’m reluctant to see how much power we have. In the end it’s a them problem and we need to remember our worth. There is no next time or when profitability returns we will get back at ya. Now or never.
Quote: Am I the only one who thinks health care needs to be addressed in the new CBA? Lower max oop and lower deductible?
it was the first priority on my survey
Quote: With the profitability is important narrative being pushed I’m reluctant to see how much power we have. In the end it’s a them problem and we need to remember our worth. There is no next time or when profitability returns we will get back at ya. Now or never.
The companys profitability is not our problem. Market rate is market rate.
Our healthcare is trash compared to our piers. It's a high priority for me.
There are many things that need improving, this being one of them. However why focus so much attention here when this is something that affects a portion of the flight group. I’d worry more about pay, how much does deductible matter when you just make the difference in pay wether that be soft time or hourly rate.
Quote: There are many things that need improving, this being one of them. However why focus so much attention here when this is something that affects a portion of the flight group. I’d worry more about pay, how much does deductible matter when you just make the difference in pay whether that be soft time or hourly rate.
Don’t we get the market rate adjustment in August? So in other words we will be in line with the market rate for the aircraft we fly in August. Of course in a few years we will be behind again, I don’t see us taking the industry lead as far rates are concerned. Might as well get this healthcare fixed and that would be a meaningful improvement for many!
Quote: Our healthcare is trash compared to our piers. It's a high priority for me.

our piers, as far as I know don’t even have health insurance.
Quote: Don’t we get the market rate adjustment in August? So in other words we will be in line with the market rate for the aircraft we fly in August. Of course in a few years we will be behind again, I don’t see us taking the industry lead as far rates are concerned. Might as well get this healthcare fixed and that would be a meaningful improvement for many!
I want every gain possible in every section. I’m saying wouldn’t one consider a few more dollars in pay that would essentially offset the higher premium or deductible as more beneficial? Specially consider some or many don’t really use medical much.

Just playing devils advocate.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to