Flight Uniform Shirts

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Sadly they're the only shirt I'm aware of that isn't absurdly billowy if you're halfway in shape. Even the Cut Above fitted shirts need altering to bring in the torso. 🙄
did you order the ACAs down in the torso? I have and they fit very slim (and I’m a tiny little guy)
Quote: Sadly they're the only shirt I'm aware of that isn't absurdly billowy if you're halfway in shape. Even the Cut Above fitted shirts need altering to bring in the torso. 🙄
or you can just get fat like the rest of us.

seriously though, I like JetSeam's shirts YMMV
Everyone seems to ***** about the fit and quality of the uniform shirts. Has anyone tried going to a tailor overseas to get shirts made to their specifications? I've done that for shirts and suits on TDY and it was awesome, and the same price off a rack at any department store in the states. My only concern would be how it would work with epaulettes and the like, although if they can nail every other part of a suit an epaulette probably won't be a big deal at all.
Quote: I like the texture of the material as well as the pockets and collar on the Van Heusen Aviator shirts, but they fit and look like a circus tent. I need a 17-1/2" neck and I'm admittedly carrying 20-ish extra pounds, but I can still wrap the torso 1-1/2 times around my belly. And I swear the arm holes are big enough for my thighs!
VanHeusen has a tapered version, at least they used to, that fits slimmer people pretty well.

I have about 10 shirts on rotation, and they go to the cleaners. I get about 3 years out of one shirt.
Quote: VanHeusen has a tapered version, at least they used to, that fits slimmer people pretty well.

I have about 10 shirts on rotation, and they go to the cleaners. I get about 3 years out of one shirt.
Shopping now. It's been years since I've shopped shirts. Maybe there's something I missed or a newer offering.
Quote: I don't like those shirts, the are pink, turn pink, or pickup grey.

They have removable shirt stays that get lost. The feel cheap and I don't like the pockets. I melted a hole in one too.
Update: I exchanged the 3 shirts, and the replacements have the same pink hue. I washed one with bleach, and tried a no-run formula, and it’s still pink.

Flight does not make it easy to return the shirts for a refund. I am a strong do NOT recommend on Flight Uniforms.
Are you a marathon runner? I’m a fairly trim guy & I find the Cut Above Tropo fitted to be just about perfect. Ordered a couple of the non-tropo (whatever they call it) & didn’t like them nearly as much. Tropo has a nice amount of stretch to it. Give it a try if you haven’t already.
Quote: Update: I exchanged the 3 shirts, and the replacements have the same pink hue. I washed one with bleach, and tried a no-run formula, and it’s still pink.

Flight does not make it easy to return the shirts for a refund. I am a strong do NOT recommend on Flight Uniforms.
They definitely have a slight pink hue especially when wet but they look bright white when worn with the uniform. I think they look more crisp than the M&H bamboo shirts I have. My ACA shirts are still the purest white that I have.

Quote: Are you a marathon runner? I’m a fairly trim guy & I find the Cut Above Tropo fitted to be just about perfect. Ordered a couple of the non-tropo (whatever they call it) & didn’t like them nearly as much. Tropo has a nice amount of stretch to it. Give it a try if you haven’t already.
I actually had to get the Flight shirt tailored to fit through the torso. I’m a pretty in-shape dude and have very wide shoulders compared to my waist and even the ‘athletic fit’ from Flight had a couple inches too much fabric at the belt line. ACA and M&H tapered are snug in the chest but fit me off the rack quite well, for comparison.
Quote: I actually had to get the Flight shirt tailored to fit through the torso. I’m a pretty in-shape dude and have very wide shoulders compared to my waist and even the ‘athletic fit’ from Flight had a couple inches too much fabric at the belt line. ACA and M&H tapered are snug in the chest but fit me off the rack quite well, for comparison.
I ordered a few different sizes from Flight to try on: L (both athletic and slim fit) and XL (slim fit) and ended up going with the XL slim fit. Normally I'm an L in most shirts, but with these the chest was super snug to the point that the buttons were pulling apart. The XL slim fits great around the chest/shoulders but leaves quite a bit of fabric around my torso, so it looks like I'll be doing the same and having them altered.

I read reviews of dudes bigger than me saying that L was a great fit, but I just don't see how.
luckily you’re able to order it with an up to 3 inch reduction
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to