Why am I getting charged for water?

Subscribe
Today an FA told the captain and I they were told to charge pilots for water and snacks. I can't find any emails or memos about this. Anyone experiencing the same ?
Quote: Today an FA told the captain and I they were told to charge pilots for water and snacks. I can't find any emails or memos about this. Anyone experiencing the same ?
Call fatigued and make sure you mention getting charged for water in your asap.
Quote: Call fatigued and make sure you mention getting charged for water in your asap.
I'm not trying to get fired. Just asking a question. This was the first I've heard of this.
Quote: I'm not trying to get fired. Just asking a question. This was the first I've heard of this.
Misunderstanding of their fastread. Waters are supposed to be accounted for, so they are supposed to inventory water given out to crew not charge them.
Quote: Misunderstanding of their fastread. Waters are supposed to be accounted for, so they are supposed to inventory water given out to crew not charge them.
mgt did similar deal in 2021, stopped catering water, told FAs to use ships water which had never been sterilized. Some CAs went to Hudson news and brought back 6 large torpedoes h20, but a few grew a pair and refused to close up without water for pax. Stand-off didn't last long
sounds like same same.
The company has recently transferred nearly 100% of their hotel expenses to the employee group. Think how good their balance sheet will look if they can prevent you from taking an extra bottle of water or a snack to the hotel room or crashpad you are now paying for.
Quote: The company has recently transferred nearly 100% of their hotel expenses to the employee group. Think how good their balance sheet will look if they can prevent you from taking an extra bottle of water or a snack to the hotel room or crashpad you are now paying for.
I feel like bottles of water ≠fuel waiting for rampers/gate agents

Maybe they are looking at the wrong thing.