UPS Re-Application

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Does anyone work for UPS who knows of pilots that were hired on the second or third time around. I was recently turned down after the interview and want to know if there is any such chance. Thanks for the advice.
I know it is rare, but there are those on here that have done the interview twice. They wouldn't interview you again if they didn't want to hire you.

Best wishes
For what it's worth, I interviewed last fall and didn't get it either. I was selected for the assessment in 2007 but no call yet.
I'd be working on Plan B...
Kouk,

First off, sorry for not getting hired by UPS. I was turned down in Sep of last year and know how bad that feels...

As for a second interview, I wouldn't count on it. I know several guys at UPS including one in Mgt and they have never heard of a guy in the last 2 years getting another interview. I think there are too many out there who haven't had their first shot yet to be looking at guys for their second chance. There are two guys on this forum--exp96 and HercAC--that were invited to the pysch test, but that's as far as they have gotten...

If you haven't been hired somewhere already, my advice would be to concentrate on your next "first" interview elsewhere...

All the best...
Quote: ...As for a second interview, I wouldn't count on it. I know several guys at UPS including one in Mgt and they have never heard of a guy in the last 2 years getting another interview...
Not quite true. About a year ago there was a pilot who got hired on his second attempt; his unsuccessful interview was approximately a year and a half prior. His initial interview was for a line pilot position but he eventually got hired for a mgmt position or maybe it was the other way around, he didn’t get the mgmt position and was hired as a line guy - can’t remember now. However he definitely got hired on his second attempt, I think it was spring of 2006. Good luck to you.
Where's FliFast ?

He got hired the second time around ... never say never !
Thanks all. Glad to hear there is some possibility, but it looks like the exception rather than the rule.

FliFast and I are buds...sort of
Quote:
FliFast and I are buds...sort of
Sure you want to admit to that one!
I feel your pain ...
Quote: FliFast and I are buds...sort of
My condolences ...

Haaaaa,

MY payroll of Friends is long and distinguished. Kouk and I are friends that agree to disagree on respective opinions. And as for you FIT guys.....I'll start a thread about youz guys..maybe CaptainMark from FDX can help me bash you guys !!!! kidding.....

I interviewed at UPS back in Mar or Feb of 1995, got turned down. I had no turbine PIC time, no type ratings, and only 5000 TT, 3600 of which was regional time..turboprop time.

I interviewed back in Nov 06', eleven years later and brought a boatload of type ratings, PIC time, and total time coming out the ying yang....funny what you can buy on e-bay. Quite honestly, in the interview they didn't seem that impressed with all the flight time etc. They wanted to know if I would be an honest employee with integrity, if I had overwater experience, and if I would be willing to go to Anchorage. Even though I said "No" to all three questions they still hired me.

So Good Luck kouk...keep applying all they can say is no.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to