Mountain Air Cargo question

Subscribe
20  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33 
Page 30 of 33
Go to
First year pay is 47k. Not heard anything about a raise either. About time though. We used to be about 10k behind the ATR Captains. Now it’s about 50k. No crying over spilled milk though. Management has made it pretty clear. If you want to make more money at MAC, move over to the 121 side or go work somewhere else. That’s where it’s at.
Quote: First year pay is 47k. Not heard anything about a raise either. About time though. We used to be about 10k behind the ATR Captains. Now it’s about 50k. No crying over spilled milk though. Management has made it pretty clear. If you want to make more money at MAC, move over to the 121 side or go work somewhere else. That’s where it’s at.
Atleast the are being honest. Doesnt sound like they are making empty promises in that department of things.
I'm noticing on the ATR side some routes are never being filled or are constantly looking for someone, i.e it must suck. Would the company be up for negotiation on pay and schedule for said routes if one would not mind taking one of those routes? 2 week on 2 week off would not be bad. Same question but this also applies for Empire on some of their routes.
Quote: I'm noticing on the ATR side some routes are never being filled or are constantly looking for someone, i.e it must suck. Would the company be up for negotiation on pay and schedule for said routes if one would not mind taking one of those routes? 2 week on 2 week off would not be bad. Same question but this also applies for Empire on some of their routes.
There has really only been one route that no one had wanted and it has now been almost filled with based guys. No negotiations on pay. If you want to go live in BIS you can earn an extra 20k a year for doing so. Must be willing to be there for a minimum of a year. Schedules are 3 weeks on and 1 week off. You can work your week off for more money.
Quote: There has really only been one route that no one had wanted and it has now been almost filled with based guys. No negotiations on pay. If you want to go live in BIS you can earn an extra 20k a year for doing so. Must be willing to be there for a minimum of a year. Schedules are 3 weeks on and 1 week off. You can work your week off for more money.
This would be the perfect gig for me since I already live in BIS. Hopefully they still need people when I hit 1500.
They are desperate for captains
Quote: They are desperate for captains
There are actually more captains than FOs right now
Quote: There are actually more captains than FOs right now
Really! MAC has caught up to the hirings. Is it true they are filling the ATR FO positions internally due to large size of the floaters ?
Quote: Really! MAC has caught up to the hirings. Is it true they are filling the ATR FO positions internally due to large size of the floaters ?
Nope. We’re still behind in hiring. It’s like herding cats. Attrition is brutal. Once people are on board and realize how little we fly they bail to a Regional. Most 208 guys bail after a year when they have the 1500 hours for their ATP. A few move to the ATR only to leave within a year to a Regional. Rinse and repeat. There’s a small core group of lifers left who live in base or enjoy being on the road. The rest is a coming and going of new people. Nobody stays long enough for me to remember their names.

It’s still a great gig if you can afford to work here and are not in a hurry to move up the career ladder.
Quote: Nope. We’re still behind in hiring. It’s like herding cats. Attrition is brutal. Once people are on board and realize how little we fly they bail to a Regional. Most 208 guys bail after a year when they have the 1500 hours for their ATP. A few move to the ATR only to leave within a year to a Regional. Rinse and repeat. There’s a small core group of lifers left who live in base or enjoy being on the road. The rest is a coming and going of new people. Nobody stays long enough for me to remember their names.

It’s still a great gig if you can afford to work here and are not in a hurry to move up the career ladder.
Attrition has gone down since the previous CEO/DO left. Only hiring for 2 Caravan pilots currently, and the company has removed all of its ATR positions on the website for over a week. Definitely caught up on hiring if you look at the ATR schedule; hardly anyone is flying their PTO weeks now. I volunteered to fly all of mine and didn't get offered a single one.
20  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33 
Page 30 of 33
Go to