Flight Engineers ??? Any Demands ??

Subscribe
Are there any demands for FE's anymore ?? I saw an ad where SimCenter was offering FE training ???
Naw. Sounds like they are selling something nobody needs. Ask them how their job placement is.

You'll still find a few seats open at some of the smaller cargo carriers but these are few and far between. And getting fewer all the time.
What are the winglets on a 747 - 400 for ---- Tombstones for engineers
Tuckster, I would not pay for an Engineer ticket, but if you are offered an FE position it is a good place to learn about 121 operations. If you do not already have that kind of experience.
Save your money. If you are interested in FedEx or DHL, (not sure about UPS now that all their 727's are going away), I'd get at least a FE written, since that's required to be hired. If you've got spare money to blow, go get a 737 type instead and push for Southwest.
Quote: Are there any demands for FE's anymore ?? I saw an ad where SimCenter was offering FE training ???
Yes. The three biggest demands are:
1. Poor me some coffee
2. Keep the fuel balanced
3. Put another log on the fire
Quote: Yes. The three biggest demands are:
1. Poor me some coffee
2. Keep the fuel balanced
3. Put another log on the fire
Ah yes, I remeber being an oiler......

4. Check Essential, that'll cost you a beer.
5. What did you just turn off
6. Air, son, we need air to start that motor
7. Here's how you run my panel, son.
8. I get the blonde, the co-pilot gets the redhead, the F/E gets the bags.
9. What are you drawing back there ?
10, This is a logbook, not a place to write your memoirs.
11. What's that stain on the back of your shirt, oh that's not coming out.
12. You're saying we can climb to what altitude, this aint the concorde.

I don't believe UPS will be putting anymore newbies on the panel. The DC8 and the 747 classic are plumbed mostly, but not entirely, with over-60 pilots. Miss Piggy, the 727s at UPS are set to retire in the next couple weeks, so is the plan. However, with that said, the last I saw, UPS still requires the FE written or actual rating for pilot employment.

FF