Part Time CFI?

Subscribe
I just finished CFI and would really like to teach within a school (i.e. not sure I want to teach freelance). But the school that helped me learn CFI, does not hire part-time instructors. I am not ready to give-up my day job. So would only be available as a “weekend warrior”.
I will be beating the bush at other schools in my area, once I return from a business trip I am on. But just wondering if it is normal for most schools to only hire full-time instructors?
I wasn't going to answer cause I don't really know, but all the schools that I've talked to/been to that are Part 61 are mostly all part-time... 141 might be a diff story.
If it's a 141/University setting, they are trying to find all the full-time instructors they can get. Student loads are the same or better than previous years, but instructors are hard to come by due to lowered minimums at the regionals. If your plan is to move on to the airlines, these kinds of schools are looking for people who will be around for a length of time. If you want to just instruct on the side, you might be able to negotiate though.
heck, I read in one of the other threads that if you go to ATP and instruct they'll give you the jet transition class fo free...
Many schools only have free-lance or part-time instructors, so it should not be a problem.

American Flyers hires PT instructors, but most of their schools do not have twins.

Don't knock the free-lance gig either, it pays better and you have the flexibility to seek out students who's schedule matches yours...weekends, nights, 10AM on Tuesdays, whatever.